Chapter 6

The funeral was held the next day by my paternal and maternal grandparents. I had to go to their places alone, with no one there to be by my side, telling me I wasn't alone and that I still had a family. I had decided, though, one thing in no way would it benefit me but instead the spirit of my brother. I had made softcopies of the invite to the funeral at my paternal grandparent's place with the names of brother's closest friends.

Lee Ryu Ji POV:
Saturdays were my favourite, there wouldn't be any tuition to attend to. However, today was different as my friend has just been murdered yesterday. And today, there was a funeral held at 696 Seokjin avenue at 6:00am. The entire day and ride there was extremely solemn. It hung in the air in a low, thick fog threatening to choke me and my overwhelming feelings. Tears welled in my eyes and began to stream down my face. We arrived there and outside the venue, I met with my friends.

Lee Dae Seok POV:
I had my head hung down in sadness, despite my blank and emotionless face. It was as if I was drowning on my own as my memories passed by me. The times I spent with my family, every obstacle we tackled together. All gone. Fresh, cold tears dripped down onto my lap as I sobbed.

Ryu Ji found me on the steps leading up to the second floor of my grandma's house. She sat with me, looking at me with the same sad expression. Her friends didn't come over, except for Eun Hui, who was the smartest amongst her class.

"When was Dae Gil's last happy moment?" Eun Hui asked, concerned for his spiritual well-being. I thought for a moment, and I replied.

"This Thursday." She nodded silently at my reply.

"Let us just replay that moment forever, even if we don't know what he did" Ryu Ji said. And we sat there solemnly.