Chapter 1

I scrambled across the concrete, getting myself up. In front of me, a hooded figure stood. Electric bolts encircled his body, his eyes illuminating. He ran towards me faster than I could move. I felt extreme pain, so painful until I could not move. Then, the world blacked out.

... ...

   I got up, panting. Sweat glistened at my forehead.

   "What the hell?" I whispered into the darkness. I got out of bed to check the time. I walked to the living room. The DVD player displayed time in bright dark red.
6:00

    I walk over to my cupboard and started my routine for every school day.

   6:20

   I headed out, not expecting something extraodinary or anything. I walked towards the lift and pressed the down button. Right above the control panel, there's a screen that shows which level the lift's at. The nearest one is at 12. By the time the lift doors open, my jaw dropped. My friend, Bong Su Ya, stood at the back, accompanied by who I guess is her mother. I walk in, not knowing what to say. Being friendly, I greeted her by waving at her.

   "Hey, why didn't you say hi to him?" Her mom ask her. She said nothing, but her eyes were trained on mine, as if she wanted to say something. The lift reached its destination, and we walked out.

   "I'm sorry. I don't know why she's like that." Her mom apologized.

    "Its OK. The unexpected sometimes happen." I said dismissively.

    "Do you want to come with us? It's raining." I thought about it. I could come but it feels wrong. If I don't, I might be soaked.

   "Yeah." Su Ya said.

   "It won't trouble you?"

   "It won't" Her mom said kindly. "You can call me Mrs Bong." She smiled at me. She started off, getting ready to head out for the car.

   "Just wait here."

... ...

   The car cruised along silently, and very soon, we were near school. I looked out the window and noticed something suspicious. A hooded boy walked up to the car and knocked on the door. He had the same eyes and glasses I have and wore a surgical mask. Mrs Bong rolled the the car side-window down.

   "Is LDS here?" He asked.