The Age of Steel Part Three

"The transmitter controls are sealed behind here, we need an oxyacetylene or something" Celeste says, her eyes flaring golden for a moment in frustration.

"Oh and I forgot to bring it with me" Jake snaps at her sarcastically, Mickey pushing him back when he advances on Celeste. 

"Well then what do we do?" Mickey asks, trying to keep the tension in the room low.

"We'll crash the Zeppelin" 

"With us inside?" Disbelief was written all over Mickey's face.

"I can set it to automatic, we can leg before it crashes." Celeste suggests, pushing Mickey gently towards the keyboard. "Mickey's good with computers, he can override the system."

"Well to work then"

******************

"We'll we've been captured but not to worry, Rose and Pete are still out there. They can rescue us." The Doctor sarcastically drawls, Alfie chiming in a moment later.

"Oh wait never mind, they've gotten captured too." 

Samuel sniggers and Mrs Moore's lips twitch as she holds in a smile. 

"Are you two okay?" Alfie's voice softens as he visually checks over his sister and father's doppelganger. 

"They got Jackie"

"We were too late. Lumic killed her"

"They killed her Alfie" Rose's eyes fill with tears as she looks at her brother, all of his instincts yelling at him to run over to his sister and hug her but the Cybermen holding him didn't allow him. 

"Rosie....remember where we are." His voice was no louder than a whisper but the emotion it contained made everyone stop.

"Where is he then? Where is our famous Mister Lumic? Don't we get the chance to meet our Lord and Master?" The Doctor's voice was hard and he had a small spark in his eyes that was slowly growing by the minute.

"He has been upgraded" 

"So he's just like you?" Mrs Moore's voice was filled with disgust as she stared hard at the Cybermen. 

"He is superior. The Lumic Unit has been designated Cyber Controller" 

A set of double doors open and Lumic is wheeled into the room in an upgraded wheelchair. 

"This is the Age of Steel and I am its Creator" 

****************************