"Yes, break them up. Make sure he'll never want her again too! You can't have her making you look weak." Mother said firmly

"I don't know mother..." I hesitantly say.

"Nonsense, you will do as I say now! I cant have my daughter being shown up by her servant. That would be absurd. Do you want to embarrass our family Carla? Show that girl her place! Until you do as I say I will be going to handle real business instead of wasting my time," She says with an intense glare.

I have no idea what I want to do. Mother's respect is all I want but Sabrina really planned this date while her boyfriend was in town... Mother's stare is piercing though. It's the type of intimidating that leaves people running. The room feels like it's heating up as sweat starts to form. Is she right? Will I really be thought less of? Will I really be an embarrassment to her?

"Ok mother." I finally say. With those words mother pats my head and walks out the room with her head held high while I set out to go...

ruin my best friends date.

                                      ~ Present ~
     First day back. Yay. I shouldn't even complain though. That's all I ever did. Complain. Cried to daddy. That's the only thing I knew how to do anyway. Mimicking Audrey's behavior in hopes of being praised by her. Stupid. I was stupid.

I start seeing the Françoise Dupont High School feeling nervous as I walk up to the building I had left behind for a while.

I stop in my tracks staring at the sight in front of me. My sister getting out of the limo and meeting up with her friends. Dupain-Cheng, Césaire, some other extras, and... Sabrina... all of them grinning widely and embracing in a group hug.

I step back. I cannot let them see me. My eyes are darting from place to place, looking for somewhere to hide. Next to me I see a bush behind the wall on the stairs to the school. I quickly duck there hoping to be unnoticed.

I cant really see or hear them well so I decide to just sit there for a few minutes hoping soon that they'd go inside. After what I deem acceptable time i pop my head back up and see if they're still there. Gone. Phew. I slowly walk towards the stairs.

Something in me stops me again. Is THE Chloe Bourgeois getting nervous? My body feels tense and I feel like I shouldn't be here. I don't belong here anymore. I put everyone through a lot and deserve nothing. Maybe I should just go-

Some thing taps me on my shoulder. I look to my right and see a guy with blue-dyed hair, nails painted black, skater wear, and a guitar on his back. He looks at me with a small -cute- smile.

"Hey, First day? You're standing here alone like you just saw a ghost" He asks smiling at me softly with kind eyes. His smile is warm and feels safe. At first I just look at him.

"Uh- I guess you could say that," I manage to get out.

"Welp luckily for you it's also my first day," he says grin growing. "First day jitters are common but I'm sure you'll be fine. If it helps at least you know you're not alone!" He exclaims cheerfully. Alone. Something I've been since I've isolated myself from pure disgust of who I am. He's new so he hasn't heard of me, I'm guessing. Too bad that he'll never want to be near me when he does.

I look at him and nod with a slight but unsure smile knowing that I'll probably never have another conversation with him so might as well not try now right.

"I just transferred here cause I heard about the killer music program they just opened up from my twin sister." He says as they walked up the stairs. I try my best to avoid eye contact. "I'm Luka."

"Chloe," I say hoping he doesn't recognize my name. Just cause he's new doesn't mean he does know me from times I was akumatized or something. His twin could've told him about me for all I know. My reputation isn't really the best I admit, if he does knows me and hasn't run away it's probably out of fear or something.

"Chloe. Nice! Well now that we're finally officially introduced, after you," he grins still while opening the door for us. I walk in with my head lightly down still not ready to face everyone again. "You seem shy like my sister. It'll be ok though, she's told me everyone here is nice so there's nothing to worry about." Yea nice. Everyone is nice since I left.

"Uh- Thanks... I'll keep that in mind" I say now facing him. The smile of his lights up again.

"Welp we should go now before we're both late, I'm in class 3b. You?" He asks me while looking at his schedule.

"3c." I respond back taking mine out of my bag. He glances over to mine and his eyes are now filled with excitement but somehow still cool.

"Well we have the same lunch! I guess I'll see you there! Now I'll know someone other than my sister and her friends" He says happily. "We should go to class now Chloe but I'll see you at lunch!" He says as he softly waves goodbye and goes in the opposite direction. I give him as forced small smile and wave back.

Time to go face the day.