thirty

"Dad!" Haneul cried out before running towards Mr. Sim, whose arms were ready to embrace his daughter. After the Sim family had left for Tokyo, Mr. Sim was called back once again to work in Seoul.

While he could've refused, his salary increment opened up more opportunities and benefits for the Sim Twins. As much as he wanted to stay in Tokyo, Mr. Sim knew how much University meant to Haneul and Jake.

Adding on to the sacrifices made to such a dire situation, it's been a year since Mr. Sim went back home.

"My darling daughter, I've missed you so much," Mr. Sim uttered as Haneul embraced him tightly.

While their reunion was warm, Sunghoon stood rooted to his place; too stunned to react upon seeing his father standing 10 feet away from him. Instead of approaching his father who was evidently apologetic, Sunghoon scoffed in disbelief before walking away.

"Sunghoon-"

"Approach him later Dongchul, he's allowed to feel that way," Mrs. Sim comforted before placing a hand on the man's shoulder. "Sunghoon was with you the entire time? Why didn't you call me?" Mr. Park uttered out in disbelief.

"It's not that hard to track down where your son went, you even posted an announcement on BORDER's Japan website. It was just a matter of whether you would come and find him yourself," Mrs. Sim replied casually before linking arms with her husband.

"Lucky for you, you tagged along! I'd never miss a festival with my wife. Also Dongchul, this is Haneul!" Mr. Sim beamed as he introduced his best friend to his daughter.

Bowing respectfully, Haneul smiled kindly towards Mr. Park who returned the gesture. "Nice to meet you Mr. Park. Anyways, I'll go and find Sunshi- I mean Sunghoon! Can't have him wandering around alone," Haneul chuckled dryly before bowing once again.

"We'll see you back home Haneul, have fun with your boyfriend," Mr. Sim said, though whispering the last part of his sentence instead. "Dad I swear-" Haneul sputtered out in embarrassment.

Flustered as usual, Haneul bowed towards her parents and Mr. Park before running off to find her Sunshine Boy. She was worried about him after Mr. Park's sudden appearance, she didn't want him to suffer in silence.

"There you are!" Haneul exclaimed in relief upon finding Sunghoon munching on his favourite street snacks. "I'm sorry for leaving, I don't want to deal with him right now," Sunghoon uttered softly as he mindlessly twirled the skewer of candied strawberries.

Noticing his sad eyes, Haneul could only empathise with him. "Well, you're with me now! Just deal with me today, I'm sure I'll make this one of the greatest days you ever spent with me!"

Every day spent with you always feels great, Haneul.

Feeling the corners of lips tug up into a smile, Sunghoon nodded his head in approval before allowing Haneul to drag him to wherever she was going. With his hand perfectly fitting into hers, Sunghoon felt all the nerves in his body ease with her presence alone.

After all that dragging and the mini food stall stops made by Haneul, the brunette had finally led Sunghoon to a rooftop atop of one of the renowned skyscrapers in Tokyo. Due to the Fireworks Festival, many buildings had disclosed their spaces to the general public.

It was 7:30PM, the soft glowing light from the sky emitting purplish and pinkish hues melted perfectly with the Sun's rays as the Sun set below the horizon. Overseeing Tokyo's skyline together were two wary teens full of love.

"Now that he's back, I'll be leaving for sure. I'll have to leave and be engaged to some girl I don't even love. I have to live a life that isn't mine," Sunghoon finally spilled out as his eyes stared into the twilight sky.

"I can't say much about your father, I just might end up being disrespectful. Instead, I'll just give you a word of advice," Haneul started before facing Sunghoon.

"If you're in a position to make choices, then make them. If it makes you happy, then do it. You chose to run away and it made you happy. Now, you have the choice whether or not you should stay or go. Whatever it is, just don't regret it,"

While Sunghoon took Haneul's advice to heart, he couldn't but feel her sadness through it. Not because he would choose to leave, but because he had no choice. If given the choice between Seoul and Haneul, he'd choose her.

He'd choose Haneul with no regrets.