five

wake up in tokyo,  feel like a torn soul

Getting kicked out was a flat out lie. Park Sunghoon had run away from home. Seoul was suffocating, everything about it made him sick to his stomach.

His heart was broken, in which his ex-girlfriend and parents were the sole cause to it. In a world where art was no longer appreciated, his parents and ex had pressured him to pursue high-paying jobs. He was pressured to the point that he lost his passion for art— he turned into someone he absolutely hated.

It was undeniably obvious that the 19 year-old boy felt extremely overwhelmed and stressed as he blindly walked on a path that lead him to despair and bore.

So that night, he ran away on impulse. Away from demanding parents and an even more demanding 'girlfriend'. That night he flew to Tokyo with neither a plan nor a sufficient amount of money.

It was just him, his bag and the obnoxious clouds in the sky waiting for Sunghoon's heart to cue its downpour on Tokyo. Walking mindlessly around the streets of the foreign country, Sunghoon unknowingly climbed up the stairs to an abandoned building as his mind wandered off tiredly.

Reaching the rooftop of the said building, the cold gust of wind brought relief to Sunghoon's heart. He could breathe a little bit better as he stared at the vast landscape of Tokyo's city lights. Although he was alone, the chaos in his mind eased.

This was his life for now.

A 19 year-old artist with no high school certificate nor home. The unexpected home he now had was on a rooftop, under the sky he found comfort and worry in. It was 12:35AM in the morning and all Sunghoon could do was find the calm in his heart growing anxious and lonely.

I've been lonely my whole life yet I feel especially lonelier than usual.

Dropping his bag on the ground, the raven-haired boy lay his exhausted body on the concrete surface. Using his bag as a pillow, Sunghoon propped his head up comfortably against it before looking up at the sky above him.

"Goodnight world,"

That morning, Sunghoon was greeted by grey thunderclouds instead of the sunshine he longed for. Although he took pride in suppressing the storm in his heart, it didn't necessarily mean there would be a sliver of sun.

The cloudbursts matched the intensity of Park Sunghoon's feelings; if he was merely blue, the downpour was light. However, the more extreme his negative feelings prevailed, the more violent the cloudbursts.

Standing on the edge of the rooftop, Sunghoon stared at Tokyo's landscape once more. Now that it was a tad bit brighter in the day, he realised that the city wasn't lively bustling like how it was the previous night.

Clasping his hands together, Sunghoon inhaled a deep breath before fluttering his eyes shut. He hoped that this time around, blue skies would appear and that even the slightest drizzle of rain wouldn't be felt.

Please, give us back the Sun; give us back our blue skies.

Unfortunately, the sky was a reflection of Sunghoon, it's greyness reflecting his gloomy self. Opposing what he wished for, the Heavens showered all of Tokyo with a heavy downpour —a resemblance of Park Sunghoon's heavy heart.