Chapter 2: Confession?

Riley's POV

   It has been 3 years since Eliot and I became good friends, and oh boy I was falling hard. I thought that it would be gone and think that it's just a small crush...guess I was wrong.

"BOO!"

"Gaaaahhh!!!" I screamed, fudge who did that ? I almost had a heart attack. I turned to see who it was and it made my heart beat more faster. Is this normal?

"Eliot! Don't do that again! You gave me a fright!"I yelled at his face, and I think there's a little blush showing as my face heated up a little bit.

"Hahahaha, smart but such a chicken" he laughed out

'Stop laughing already, you're gonna make my heart explode bozo' I internally said.

How I wish I could say it out loud, but I'm afraid to ruin our" friendship. There's a very high chance that I will get rejected and be disregarded...yes, I calculated it, it's fun.

"So what are you going to do today?" he asked,

"Nothing much, doing some assignments as usual." I answered.

"If you have a free time, I bought tickets to a movie, wanna come with?...I was supposed to watch it with Yuki, but he can't come because he had a date with a charming barbie." He said, well isn't he talkative today.

"Yeah Sure, I would love that." I answered, 'Imma call it a date tehee'. Don't judge...like you guys do it too...pfft.

"Let's meet at the movie theater at 4:00pm, Ciao" he said then walked away. I stood there still, staring at his well built back as he walks away, I smelt the air and boi his fragrance remains.

I am now here at the theater, I looked around but, Eliot was still not here. I raised my arm and looked at my watch.

'Oh, hahaha I'm so early, that's why he's not here yet, so excited are ya self?' I said and laughed internally.

It is still 3:40pm. I walk to a seat and sat down, then waited again. It felt like hours until I saw Eliot's brown hair. Oof he's here. I grabbed my phone to look at my face if it was okay, luckily it was and fixed some few stuff.

"Hey, Riley! Have you been waiting long?" he greeted.

"No, not really. Just a few minutes." I said, maybe I kinda lied haha, those minutes feel like hours.

"Let's get us some pop corn and sodas, shall we?" he suggested and did the gentleman hand gesture. You get the idea.

After getting the food and drinks, we went straight to our purpose of coming here, to watch a movie. Wait what kind of movie was this again? I was so excited I didn't get to see its title. I hope it's a romance and not horror.

----
I stand corrected, It's a horror movie. Turns out the movie they were gonna watch, which we will be watching now is Insidious, of all the horror movies, why this? It would be better if it was It.

"Fudge, It's horror" I said, in my peripheral vision, I saw Eliot look at me and laughed so hard that the people 'shhhd' and one even said 'shut the f* up!".

'Ely, I may like you but you deserved that for laughing at me hmmp.' I mentally said.

"You hate horror?" he whispered. I mentally shivered as his breath hit my cheeks because his face was near my face. I can feel a blush showing, good thing it was dark.

"You think?" I whispered back.

"Such a chicken"

"Am not"

"Am yes"

"Am not"

"Am yes"

"Will you guys please shut up!" the person behind us angrily said. Whatever bitter gord. But as a good girl and good boy, me and Eli said sorry.  We both smiled at each other and focused our eyes at the screen.

-------------------------------------
Finally the movie was over, Eli and I decided to go to the park nearby. As we walked towards there, I saw an Ice cream truck. So I grabbed Eli's shirt and dragged him towards the truck.

"We're buying ice cream, my treat. What flavor do you want?" I said and lets go of his shirt.

"You could've asked me to go here, rather than pulling me ya know? and I want the dark chocolate" he said.

"Sorry, guess I was too comfortable with you." I apologized. I walked towards the Ice cream vendor and ordered. I got what he said and a strawberry ice cream for me.

I turned to see Eliot sitting on a park bench, looking at the sky. I walked towards him and gave him his ice cream and sat on his left.

"Thanks," he said and started licking the ice cream like a kid.
I also ate my ice cream but, not in a childish way.

"Ry do you have a handkerchief or tissue?" Eli suddenly asked.

"Oh yes, here" I said and reached my right pocket to get the handkerchief, but my keys fell out as I pulled the handkerchief. I grabbed it when Eli also grabbed it. You know what happened? Our hands touched. I looked at him to see that he was looking at me.

My heart instantly gone crazy with it's beating. His face was so close to mine, he was more handsome up close.

"Uhh...ehem" he cleared his throat and looked at front.

" Uhh, here's my...hanky" I awkwardly said and handed over the handkerchief.

"T-Thanks" he awkwardly replied back.

I stared at the view in front of us and there were kids running around, family having a picnic, but its mostly couples dating... I wish Eliot and I could do this everyday, you know hang out and stuff, sitting close to him.

'Yow self, confess this might be the right chance or the only chance you got' my brain said.

'but, what if he rejects me? And avoid me?' I replied asking.

"Well, atleast he knows and you like to take the risk right? Even if he rejects you, he isn't the only fish in the sea. There's a lot of males out there.' My brain replied.

Well, it was Right, I love to take risks and he isn't the only fish out there in the ocean.

"Uhm...Eli... there's something I want to tell you." I shyly said.

"Hmm? What is it?" he asked.

I turned to look at him while he stares at the view in front of him, still eating his ice cream.

"You see...(this is it)...I...like...you." I said, more like whispered.

"What was that again?" he asked...and turned his face towards mine.

"I Like you" I said and turned away. To be honest I'm kinda nervous, what if he rejects me. What if we don't get to be the same after this. Of course we won't be the same, who would be like that? You're such a fool Riley such a fool.

"Uhh.." he was speechless.

"Yo-You don't have to reply to that" I said and looked down.

"Uhm...can you give me time to process that? This is the fist time someone confessed to me personally..." he said.

First time?! With his handsome looks, no one confessed to him? I hear many girls talk about how hot he is, yet no one approached him? Chickens...

"Uh..th-thats cool" I replied and forced a smile. Thing were getting very awkward. But hey atleast I don't have to live with the guilt and regret of not confessing to my first love when I had the chance.

"I think I should go now...bye" I said and ran off to escape the awkwardness. I turned to look back at him. He was still shocked cause he was in a trance to even notice a ball flying towards him and hit his face. Pft hahahah... I continued to walk and pretend I didn't see that.