Chapter 41

*Just to remind you from previous chapters bc I haven't said her name in a while - Abigail is the lady that's above Billie & Que. The one that left the letter.*

"But you killed him months ago. We literally saw him fall to the ground in front of us. That's not even possible." She started to pick at her fingers, knowing the anxiety that this is causing her. I didn't even wanna bring this up but keeping any secrets is the last thing I wanna do right now. "I guess somehow he made it out alive and Abigail is out to get us again. I didn't want any type of shit happening to you so I went to meet up with que to figure it all out. So I'm sorry for just leaving you there but our lives are on the line here baby."

"You're not bringing him in this house are you? I don't trust him at all bil.." I looked down at my phone and back up at her. As much as I didn't wanna see him again, I can't run away from shit like this and it's my fault for bringing him back around. "No love. We're just gonna meet up and handle it. That's it, nothing else."

-

I took a deep breath before stepping out of the car. We were on top of this steep hill in the middle of Los Angeles. The wind was blowing more than it was yesterday, distracting me with what was about to happen. As much as I wanted to protect violet, I've always failed. That's my one priority and when you feel like someone you love is the only person in the world that understands you, they come first.

I looked down the hill, watching two cars drive up. I honestly couldn't tell you how scared I am. This is the life I'm used to but I don't want it anymore. I watched them pull up in front of me, my hands in my pockets for comfort and protection. "Well if it isn't Billie Eilish. Nice to see you again." Abigail slowly walked up to me, the gravel making small sounds every time she took a step. "Look, I don't want any trouble dude. I just wanna settle this and move on. I have too much shit to live for to still be stuck under you. So let's just get this shit over with please.."

"You don't tell me what to do bil. You were the one to agree to work with my team. Along with your little boyfriend. That contract never falls and you don't have a choice. You're stuck with me. And as far as your little girlfriend, and the girls you left behind.. it's your job is to continue to take care of them whether you like it or not. Understand? If not then I'll handle you right here, right now." My palms became sweaty at the thought of me being stuck with the life I fought to get out of. She was right, I did choose this but I had nothing else to live for at the time and I wish younger me made decisions that could save me now. "Okay but can we just talk this out-" And before I could finish my sentence a gunshot was fired.

I watched her fall to the ground, blood rushing out of the back of her head. I looked ahead of me, que standing still with a gun aimed at his target. "Bro that was my job! I was supposed to kill her, not you!" He laughed, putting the gun back in his pocket. "Sorry! You took too damn long, I was getting bored in that car and plus it's hot as hell out here." I didn't even wanna turn around to see what violet was thinking. I was just okay with the fact that she wasn't hurt. "So what are we gonna do with her?" We both looked down at her body. The sun was starting to come up, birds chirping around us. "I'll take care of it, don't worry about it. You've been through enough already. Go see if your girl is okay.."

"Thank you dude. I really appreciate you coming.. even though I tried to kill you like four different times since we've met each other." We both laughed, pulling each other into a hug. "Yeah it's fine. I don't even know how I'm still alive but I'm happy she's not. We can move on with life now.." Every time I hear that, something else happens but I honestly think this is the end of the life I never wanted. "Be good to yourself que aight? If you need me anytime, I got you."

"You too bozo! Have a nice life."