She kisses me and goes out through the secret passage. Supposedly she slept in her room last night. I go out and go to the castle gates. It takes me a long time, since I want to appreciate for the last time the castle, the one that was my home for so long. I take one last look at its walls, the ceiling. I stop in the dining room and the throne room. It will be a long time before I can sit in it again.

My journey comes to an end when the tall, wide wooden doors open before me. Lexa, Roan and my mother are already here. Nomon releases Roan from a big hug, and throws herself at me. She squeezes me motherly against her chest. I know she wants to cry, but she won't do it in front of so many people. The fear of leaving her alone hits me and I hug her back as hard as I can. Roan and I will leave, leaving her with no one here in Azgeda. It's a bit selfish of us, but she encouraged us to do it, claiming she would be fine.

I know that Roan is not at all excited about the trip. It doesn't just mean hours on a horse, but a journey destined for diplomacy and politics. Things that he hates, but that I am good at. I roll my eyes at his annoyed expression at having to leave our beloved capital. I look at him mockingly and he throws daggers at me with his eyes. My smirk widens even more.

"Behave yourselves and take care of yourselves. Write when you can and come visit me as many times as you want." She reminds us for the twenty-fifth time, nomon.

"We will." I smiled at her and we melted back into a hug.

She gives Roan another quick hug and we get ready to mount our respective horses. My pure white horse, Maximus, waits impatiently to be mounted and caressed. Roan has scoffed and says I have a fetish for naming animals that start with "ma." This led to a fight more than verbal, physical, ending with a blow to the neck from mother. It still hurts, how can she still have so much strength? Luckily Lexa wasn't there, or I was dying of embarrassment.

Suddenly I notice that someone is missing. Yes, the brunette woman who hates me. What was her name, Anna, no no, hmm, Alia? Not that one either. Ahh yes. Anya. And speaking of the king of Rome, this comes running with her sword in her hand. I draw my bow alert, but it makes me laugh when I see why. Mason is after her, that's my boy.

"Do more than laugh, Skai Prisa! Control this monster!" She doesn't look terrified, but she does look upset.

"Mason, still!" The wolf stops, but still growls at her. "Come here!" Still with his eyes fixed on Anya and his teeth sticking out, he slowly approaches me. When he reaches my side, his expression changes completely and he sticks his tongue out, beginning to wag his tail. I smiled at him and called him. "You are such a good boy! Yessss! You are the best!" I continue caressing him before everyone's astonished and bored stares.

"She's crazy! How can you even get close to that beast?" Anya incredulous question, still sword in hand.

I shoot her a deadly glare. "He's not a beast, he just doesn't like you. Nor me." The wolf and she hold their gaze, threatening. This will be fun.

I ride Maximus and turn to Lexa. Her expression is serious and stoic, but I have learned to read it in recent weeks. Her eyes sparkle with amusement and I know she's trying to hold back a smile at the scene. She turns to the front and gives the order to begin to advance. I turn around and wave to my mother, who does too. I'm going to miss her, too much.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

Lexa pov:

The ride is boringly silent. If Clarke and I were alone, we would be chatting and joking and it sure would get super short. But this is not the case, so I have to endure the heavy silence in which we have fallen. I turn to Anya, who has her eyes fixed on Mason. She looks at him with pure hatred and the wolf returns it in the same way. I better keep them separate.