chapter one hundred and twenty-one

Start from the beginning

Nephera knew the boy was right, while Peter may be a marauder, he was the more cautious out of all of them, the first one to think twice before acting, and was smart than he'd have other people believe, "We really should go too," said Alice after a few beats of silence 

"No," whined the Slytherin, leaning her head on Sirius's shoulder, "I'm really not in the mood for History of Magic of all things right now," 

"Well, you're going to have to," announced James, pulling her up by the elbow 

The exam was two and a half hours long, and ridiculously boring. At some point, Nephera swore she must've fallen asleep with her eyes open, for one moment, she was putting the final period in her last answer, and the next, the examiner was asking them to pass their papers forward. 

Not that she minded much, she was sure she'd gotten a good grade on it, and if she was honest, she was just happy it was over. 

Potions was that afternoon, and once again, Nephera was walking into the examination with confidence, knowing full well that she'd once again be getting a top grade in it. If the girl was honest with herself, she hated Snape for more than being an obsessive git with a victim complex and a Dark Mark. He was top of their year at Potions, with Nephera being a close second and Evans a close third, and no matter how hard the brunette tried, she couldn't catch up to the boy. 

So yes, Nephera Winchester was, in fact, slightly jealous of Snape's potion skills. 

Needless to say, jealousy was not something the Slytherin was used to feel, "Why do you look ready to kill someone?" asked Remus, "No, I mean it. I remember the pevensvie, that's literally what you looked like before you killed the three Death Eaters," 

"I want a better grade than Snivellus," she replied, taking a seat at her station 

Remus scoffed, "You both get O's, you do know that, right?" 

"Well, I want a better O than him, then. It's been seven years of me trying to one-up him, and I have one-uped him in everything but this," 

Letting down a low whistle, Remus locked eyes with James who was fighting a smile at how competitive their friend was, "Just try to refrain from throwing it over his head," sighed the werewolf, his head pounding slightly as the full moon was the next night 

Nephera noticed this, and she desperately wished she had more wolfsbane to help him, especially since it was exam period, but the boy had run out and there wasn't enough time to write to Ailani so the Hawaiian witch could place an order. 

Thankfully, Dumbledore had done one good thing this year because he had somehow managed to free Remus of all exams the day of the full moon and the day after the full moon, and had planned for the boy to take them some other time. 

Still, she knew that it wouldn't be a good idea to mention the moon at that moment, seeing as though they were just about to start their Potions exams, "I might throw it over his head," she snorted, "Could act as a substitute for a shower," 

Remus snickered at that, but it was cut short once the examiner walked in. 

Potions was much more stressful than History of Magic, that was certain, but the girl relished in the mental challenge as she typically did. The first part of the exam was theory, and the girl had probably never written that much in her entire life, her hand almost cramping by the end of it. 

After an hour of grilling her mind about different properties of potions and recipes, the Slytherin finally put her paper down, happy to see that she had finished before Snape. The session was long from over, though, now that there were two more hours of actual potion brewing to focus on.