Chapter 6: Who is Jessica?

Começar do início

"It could be a crime of passion, Tiffany. And Taeyeon is too overwhelmed by the anger and greed so she choose the easy way to have Jessica alone." She is getting a little furious. Yeah, it's clear that she's mad to Taeyeon. It's very clear. Now I can't blame that woman if she chose to face all these alone.

"Stop it, Sooyoung." Sunny glared at her.

"Where was Taeyeon then?" I asked Sunny. Out of all these girls, Sunny is the only one I see that is longing for her best friend. Judging by the way she fight against Sooyoung just to protect Taeyeon, it's safe for me to say that she don't believe the accusations. Instead, she's still waiting for Taeyeon to come and tell them her side.

"We didn't know. She didn't tell us. The next thing we knew is the landlord telling us to move in this apartment." Sunny look around of this apartment like as if it was cursed or something.

"And where is Jessica?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"She was busy attending her family's funeral. Imagine losing everyone you love in just a snap. Her family died and Taeyeon, her supposedly girlfriend, vanished just like that. After a week, Taeyeon showed up like nothing happened. Jessica's family have been buried, Taeyeon became distant and cold. And suddenly Taeyeon and Jessica are not talking to each other anymore. Jessica said they didn't broke up but they're just not talking anymore. Imagine that? They are inseparable. Taeyeon is so in love with her. But how can she suddenly choose to keep her distance from Jessica? Isn't that fishy?" Sooyoung squinted her eyes on me.

"You said she wanted to have Jessica on her own. Then why was she distant from her after the tragedy if she is the real culprit? This doesn't makes sense at all, Sooyoung." I argued.

"Whatever. So after a few days, Jessica went totally missing. Everyone searched for her around Jeonju. We even look around the whole South Korea but we couldn't find her. Up until now, she hasn't showed up. And everyone said that Taeyeon may have kidnapped her and keep her in a secret place because she's totally obsessed." Sooyoung stated this part of the story with clear hatred in her tone of voice.

"Who knows what she's doing to her? Judging how Taeyeon is deeply in love with her, it's not impossible that she doesn't have sexual desires." My eyes widened after hearing her say that. What the hell? "I'm just saying, what if she is rap---"

"Shut it!" Sunny shouted harshly even before Sooyoung could continue.

I know she's mad at Taeyeon. But she shouldn't be bias. They can't just assume things just like that. Besides, the police gave them an explanation about what happened. So why hold on grudges to someone you're friends with? Out of all people they should be the first ones to protect Taeyeon. Why is that it seems like they have hurt her more than anyone?

"This Jessica. How does she look like?" I asked to change the topic because I can already feel the tension between Sunny and Sooyoung.

"Here." Sooyoung fished out her phone then she showed me a group picture of them with Jessica and Taeyeon. Taeyeon's arm was around Jessica's shoulders while the latter leaned closer to Taeyeon as she smiled at the picture.

Taeyeon looks very bright in this picture. She have her lips spread wide as she smiled cutely. She looks very happy. She's very different from the Taeyeon I see today. And Jessica, wow. She's very pretty. They all look so young in that picture. And I couldn't help but to compliment each one of them. They almost look like a family.

"Tiffany, I know you've heard a lot of bad things about Taeyeon but trust me, she's far from that. I know that she's cold and frightening but I'm sure that the old Kim Taeyeon is still hiding somewhere inside of her. So please don't let these news ruin your growing friendship." Sunny held my hand. Her eyes that stares at me show nothing but plea.