Chapter 14 - Here Comes The Bride

Procession of all the Celestial deities reached the banquet hall. As they got closer, they could hear the guests talking among themselves. As they approached the banquet hall, they felt all murmurs die down slowly. Everyone turned to look at them. All eyes were on Feng Jiu. Her beauty transfixed every single red-blooded male in that hall.

"Feng Jiu! You have truly grown more beautiful with time. It's a pity you did not give me a chance, or else I would have been the one walking by your side. What did you find in that old man when you could have had me for your husband. I wonder what it will take for you to realize your mistake?" Lord Cang Yi thought to himself. He was lost in her beauty. All the fantasies he had had about marrying her were coming back to him. He decided to focus on his breathing to keep his calm. With the omnipotent silver-haired deity by Feng Jiu's side, it would be foolish to show his feelings so openly.

In true Feng Jiu style, she was completely clueless of any of this. She was excited to see her brother Yan Chiwu dressed as a groom up on the podium and flashed him a bright smile. He smiled in return. Dong Hua saw this exchange in disbelief. He flicked a finger, and in a tiny purple mist at her feet, Feng Jiu tripped. She almost fell sideways towards him. He expertly caught her by her elbow and steadied her. As they resumed walking, she looked at him curiously and started a telepathic conversation.

"Dijun, what was that all about? You made me trip on purpose...", she was almost upset. "What? It's nothing, Xiao Bai. You stumbled, I steadied you. As your husband, isn't that what I should do? Shouldn't I support you always?" he asked nonchalantly. "Also, now everyone knows you are mine.", he continued smugly. Feng Jiu made an incredulous face at him and mentally replied, "You are so..."

"Shameless..." chimed in Zhe Yan.

"Jealous..." joined Lian Song.

"Possessive..." blurted Bai Zhen.

All three high Gods had joined in their mental conversation, and all of them said at once.

"You guys! Stop it. Stop reprimanding my husband. I am sure he has a good reason for everything he does." Realizing they were not alone, Feng Jiu responded quickly. She was always the first one to defend Dong Hua in front of anyone. Dong Hua found it absolutely adorable.

"Well, I am all those things and more when it comes to my wife," replied Dong Hua calmly. "Could none of you three high Gods sense the change in energy in here when she entered? She is looking devastatingly gorgeous today, and I am pretty certain any demon here would gladly declare war for her. If I don't let everyone know that she and I belong with each other, you will have several of these brainless toddlers contemplate battles to seize her. Is that what you want?" he continued as they walked to their seats. Everyone in the hall stood up to greet Dijun.

Feng Jiu was thoroughly confused by Dijun's dialog but decided to let it go for now. Zhe Yan understood her confusion and spoke. "Feng Jiu, you look confused, but that's probably because you don't know the culture here. It is not uncommon among demons to fight, abduct women and marry them. Demonesses consider themselves coveted and take pride if she is won in a war. It means that her groom values her enough to shed his blood for her." he explained.

"Really? I did not know that! So it is pretty common here for kings to fight over not only land and riches but also women. How strange!" Feng Jiu replied.

They all fell silent as they reached their seats. None of them realized that all this conversation was also heard by someone else. Little Gun Gun decided to protect his mother at all costs if anyone declared war for her. He knew he wasn't powerful yet, but he had certainly grown since the time they had left the mortal realm, had he not?

"Yes, I will protect Mother! No one will be able to harm her with me around.", he thought. He moved from Jie Lu's side to his mother's side and asked her, "Mother, may I please sit with you?" Feng Jiu was surprised but smiled and nodded.