ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ᴘᴛ. 2: ɴɪᴄᴋɴᴀᴍᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

September 1st, 1991

"Are you sure they sent you the right ticket? Because it seems like a load of dung to me," a boy about the age of 13 asked his sister. It was a strange sight to see, as he was pushing a trolley containing a trunk and an owl in a cage, catching the attention of everyone else in the station. He and his little sister were followed by two adults, presumably their parents, "If this is all just some sick prank, I'm gonna riot and you won't have any Christmas presents from me for the next 5 years."

"You're a load of dung and besides you don't even give me presents to begin with so that argument is invalid," his sister replied sassily. "But either way, it's not some prank, you just weren't there when Mr. Dumbledore came round the house to give me the letter, Danny," she said as they continued their way across the platform.

"He was quite an old man though," their mother interrupted. "Who's to say he hadn't just broken out of a nursing home?" she said, her voice laced with amusement.

"I doubt it," the little girl said. "If he was in a nursing home, they would never let his beard grow that long. Bloody thing almost whacked me in the face when he turned around!" she exclaimed.

Their parents rolled their eyes at one another knowing how dramatic their daughter could be at times.

"How dramatic," her brother muttered with a small smile.

"We're here!" she said excitedly. They had arrived at the pillar separating platforms nine and ten, the same pillar that the little girl had been instructed to run into.

"Let's just hope you don't crash and break your nose, Nellie!" her brother teased.

"Oh move over! I'll be fine," she said with an air of confidence as she took her trolley from her brother. "I'm sure the old lunatic with the snake beard is more than trustworthy."

Her parents placed their hands on her shoulders, "Either way, be careful. If this does work, we'll be right behind you," her father reassured. She nodded and started walking towards the pillar at a fast rate. As she got closer and closer to the pillar, her confidence started fading away and hesitancy was taking its place.

What if he really was an old man from a nursing home?

However, there was no time to ponder over it anymore as she shut her eyes right before she was to hit the brick wall, but instead, she kept on walking. She quickly opened her eyes and came to an abrupt stop when she realized that it had worked.

It had actually worked!

That grandpa with his long, white beard was actually telling the truth, who could've thought! Noelle thought, amused.

As she slowly turned on the spot, she took in her surroundings. The enormous red and black train that stood there, the sign above her that read "Platform 9 ¾", and the countless other people who had trunks and owl cages identical to hers. In mere seconds, her parents and brother had also come through the barrier with faces that looked equally as shocked as the little girl was feeling.

"Bloody freakin' hell!" Danny exclaimed loudly, as he slowly examined the platform. "The old tosser was alright in his mind after all!"

"Danny! Show some respect for Mr. Dumbledore! That is no way to speak about an adult," their father scolded, although he also had some doubts about the old professor and his credibility.

As they started to walk further along the platform and saw more and more students with families, the little girl's confidence and excitement was slowly starting to turn into nervousness.

She hadn't known about any of this until a few weeks ago! She was going to be so out of place! Who was she going to sit with at lunch? How was she going to make friends if she didn't know anything? Oh gosh, was she going to have to study for this school?