Vivo

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS. IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE FIRST, GO AND WATCH IT BEFORE CONTINUING, BUT IF YOU WANT TO READ, GO ON...

Facts of the movie:

Vivo is a American computer-animated film produced by Sony Pictures Animation (along with Columbia Pictures, One Cool Films and Laurence Mark Productions) and distributed by Netflix.

It was directed by Kirk DeMicco

This movie was released on July 30, 2021

The duration of this movie is 99 minutes (1 hour and 39 minutes)

The language of this movie is English and Spanish

The movie is about a music-loving kinkajou, who loses his good friend (Andres Hernandez) in the beginning of movie, sets out on a trip to Miami from Cuba to deliver a love song to a singer, who turned out to be the love of his deceased friend. Along on the journey, the kinkajou will also catch a friend, who will help him reach the destination just in time.

My opinions on this movie:

From the scale of 1-10, I would rate this movie a 9! This movie is filled with lots of songs, just like some Disney music classics, where the singers will express their emotions and feelings through the songs they sing. I like this movie very much and would highly recommend to you readers to go check it out.  The songs are very catchy and the music is very easy to my hears! 

The movie is mostly around a kinkajou, whose name is Vivo. One day after their show, Andres received a letter telling that Marta Sandoval is retiring from her singing career and she would love if Andres join her in her last concert in Miami. Vivo  disagreed with his friend and after thinking back on his friend's wish, he decided to let his friend go on that trip. Unfortunately, the next morning he found out that Andres has passed away. After the funeral, he met his dead friend's relative's daughter, who invite him to stay with her. Refusing it, he later on realized that he should go to Miami and give the singer the love song that was written about her by Andres. He felt that he should at least do this to make it up for his friend for his reluctance.

Figuring that in order to fulfill the quest, he need the help of the girl. The girl, whose name was Gabi, gladly obliged to help him and from there they embark on a journey where they learn to trust each other through some obstacles. At one point, they ruined the paper that had the song and the musical notes on it. They recreated it and after reaching the concert, Vivo delivered the song to the singer. On the other scene, Gabi's mother drove to Miami and upon getting back her daughter from the concert security, Gabi tried telling her the truth but her mother didn't believe. Vivo finally made his way back to Gabi and when the mother realizes that her daughter was telling the truth, Gabi then reveals that she had agreed on this trip because she never get the chance to tell her deceased dad that she love him and she never wanted that to happened with Marta Sandoval. Upon the eye opening truth, Gabi's mother took the duo to the concert to listen Marta sing the love song. After all the interesting events, Vivo stayed back with Gabi and there, they started their own small show in their city.

I usually don't write the whole movie here but I felt the need to do this because from this story we can see that after Vivo lost his best friend, he had a hard time accepting Gabi as his friend. The same thing sometimes happens to us and when someone tries to enters our life to help us, we usually refused them at first. Yes, we can never replace our loved ones with someone else, but we should always give others the chance to help us when we are in a sad situation. This is one of a valuable lesson we can learn from this movie. Moreover, another thing we can also learn from this movie is that we should always respect our loved ones' wishes because greater things could happen if we support them.

Interesting fact: This movie was first pitched to DreamWorks Animation in 2010 by Lin-Manuel Miranda but was canceled due to some restructuring in the company in 2015. So, this movie was later revived and fast-tracked by Sony Pictures Animation on December 14, 2016.

What do you think about this movie? Please don't hesitate to let me know it now in the comments section below. And, please recommend me what movie you think I should watch and write about it in this book, I will look forward for it!

Before you leave, here's a Vivo and Gabi's song for you:

So until next time readers, watch movies and repeat!!!