Chapter Seventeen - Talk

Mono began to stride forward, Six following behind him. He looked around the environment, remembering the dead viewers, both the working and the broken televisions, the broken-down shops that one day, many years ago, might have been normal, used. But he also noticed new things. Such as the unusually large amounts of vines that were growing around the abundant amount of buildings in Pale City, extensive amounts of shrubbery scattered across the cobblestone streets, and mold randomized around the entirety of it all. It reminded him of how much he wondered how long this tragic time loop had been going on.

Not only that, but other times he wonders why Six did what she did. Why she left him to die, and what made her change. Why she even agreed to stop this time loop with him.

Six had similar questions in her own mind. It had been so long since she had let Mono drop off of the edge of that cliff that she wasn't sure what he thought she did it for. She wondered if she should tell him about the evil she possessed. The evil she was. The evil that consumed her body and soul.

Mono was simply looking around and observing the not-so-pleasant scenery around them. But at the same time, the environment wasn't completely terrible. The moonlight above them shone through the dark storm clouds, creating a brief light that caused the wet roads and buildings to shimmer. He looked down at the road, and even if his eyes were pitch-black and couldn't show much, Six could see that his face had a lot to read off of. He mainly appeared to be concerned, maybe even nervous or scared. He turned his head to glance at Six, then turned his attention back to the road as they walked.

"What?", Six asked. She reached up to flatten her wet hair and brought her hand over to Mono's shoulder. Mono glanced at her once more then looked away as the two of them kept walking. The two were approaching the dumpster and shot-up ledge that looked as if it might have been caused by an earthquake as Mono shook his head slightly.

"Nothing. It's not important.", Mono whispered as he advanced toward the dumpster. He placed his hands on its edges and looked over his shoulder towards Six. "Will you help me with this?"

Six nodded her head and the two of them pushed the dumpster to the shot-up ledge. Mono shut down the lid of the dumpster, the lid landing with a loud thud. Mono lifted himself on top of the dumpster and stood up straight. He slightly bent down and reached his hand out towards Six, offering to help her on top of the object. She placed her hand in his and allowed him to pull her up. The two eased themselves onto the ledge. The two held hands until they were sure they were on the next piece of road safely. They began to walk again.

Six made note of their surroundings. Something within her told her this place was important. The buildings appeared the same as all the others, old with a blue tint, doors where paint was chipped all over, and pipes scattered throughout random places. She glanced into the alleyway between two of the buildings to see a mountain of trash piled up. She recognized this, remembering when Mono had tried to climb it all those years ago. She then looked at the building in front of them that had a smaller-sized door along with a break in the bottom.

They've already been here, Six thought to herself.

Mono went to the door and turned the knob, opening it. He bent down and made his way through the door, Six following and doing the same. The two glanced around the room. They noticed the familiar surroundings, the same smells and quiet sounds. Mono glanced at the ground. Six did the same, and suddenly a wave of nausea washed over her. Her legs gave out from under her as she began to fall. Mono caught her in his arms, muttering to himself, "Not again...".

Six's vision clouded and quickly faded into darkness.

Six and Mono made their way into the somewhat small room, but a room that was big to them. Six glanced around the room, remembering that she had been in it before. When Pale City was more active, but still had twisted creatures. She remembered that not many people were dead, but obviously, things were different this time. Whatever the thing was that had control over this city seemed bad to her.