Chapter Fourteen - The Teacher

A/N : 10K READS?! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Also, FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER!

*   *   *

The Teacher's screeching echoed throughout both the room and the many halls of the School. Her neck began to elongate with a grotesque sound of stretching flesh, breaking bones, and swishing blood. Her screeching was slightly happy, insanely happy as her disgustingly wide mouth grew into an even wider smile. As her neck stretched, it appeared to be rushing towards Six, a terrifyingly loud echoing laugh emitting from her twisted and twirled throat. Six was far too frozen in fear, having not felt it so intensely in so long. She only watched wide-eyed as the Teacher came closer and closer to her, which would lead to her doom.

But Mono wasn't going to let that happen.

The teacher was mere inches away from Six's face, ready to devour her, when all of a sudden, time slowed so much that it seemed to stop. At least, it felt as if it stopped for everyone... except Mono. It had been so long since he had last tried to slow down time, but he was at least thankful that he was able to control it within these moments. Because it had been so long ever since he did this, the entire world slowed to a mere stop was quite the sight to see. It was as if he had just walked into a photo.

Mono glanced quickly around the room, knowing his time to think of something was running out as he was losing control of time. He noticed a light brown thick book lying on the ground, most likely from a doll student who had left it there. At first glance, he found it completely useless. But when thinking about it, he realized how useful it could be, how he could keep Six from dying in these moments near the Teacher. Mono smirked a bit.

Mono reached his blue-ish grey hands down to the book, feeling his grip on time loosen a bit. He gritted his teeth in a small amount of pain as he bent to grab the book. He wrapped his hands around the edges of the book, time quickening as he raised up off of the floor. He quickly turned toward Six and the Teacher, his breathing harshening as he raised the thick book. As time finally sped up, almost to normal, Mono smiled in triumph as he put all of his force into moving the book. He hit the teacher critically in the head with the book, knocking her to the ground as time returned back to normal. 

Six looked back and forth between herself, the Teacher on the ground, and Mono, who let the thick book that was used as a weapon fall to the ground. She looked at Mono with a look of concern, her facial expression obviously getting across the message that she wanted to know what happened. Mono chuckled a bit, slowing his breathing to a steady flow. He looked back up and took in another deep breath. 

Six nor Mono knew what to say. They simply stood for a moment, staring at the still body of the teacher that lied on the wooden floor before them. Mono could hear the creature's strained breathing, as if it was in pain even as it was unconscious. Maybe it was having a nightmare. If it was, both Mono and Six acknowledged the fact that the thing deserved it. Mono took in yet another breath and grabbed Six's hand in his. She looked up at him with a questioning look on her face. "What are you doing?", Six asked, using her free hand to wipe a nervous sweat from her forehead.

"We better go.", Mono said quickly as he began to walk at a fast pace out of the classroom they were in. He led Six out into the hall. He slowed a bit and turned to Six. "I used my powers to mess with time so I could save you. I didn't want you to get hurt. I'd prefer not to get hurt, either. So we might want to find our way out of this horrifying funhouse of a school because we don't know how much time we have before the Teacher wakes u-"

Mono's words were cut off by a loud, echoing screech that emerged from the classroom Mono and Six had previously been in. The Teacher had awoken. "Yeah, that.", Mono muttered as he gripped Six's hand tighter than he had before. He began to run, Six scrambling on her feet behind him, held in his grasp. Mono was determined to have both Six and himself live, and he would do his best to succeed in this want. The Teacher emerged out of the classroom and began to run at great lengths, her ruler like that of a weapon in her hand. Mono noticed this and and ran faster, Six attempting to catch up with him, practically being dragged. 

Mono and Six kept running from the Teacher around multiple hallways of the School, kicking Bullies out of their way when needed. The wooden floors and loud Bullies didn't help them very much, revealing their location all of the time. So Mono, unknowing of which way the entrance or exit of the School was, Six just the same, when the two saw a staircase, they took the opportunity to dash up it immediately. With each step, the steps of the staircase wanted to collapse under the two beings' feet. It seemed that, for now, Mono and Six had lost the Teacher.

Six took a moment to take in breaths, but Mono, on the other hand, looked around, in search of something. Six noticed him as he moved around in the hallway they came across in this upstairs portion of the School. She fanned her face, attempting not to burn up. "Mono... what are you looking for?", she asked, breathing slowly. Mono quit his search for what he was looking for and turned his attention to Six. He walked over to Six, glancing at the door next to her.

"I'm looking for a window. A way out. We need to get out of here.", Mono explained as he pushed his way around Six to get to the door. He opened the door and examined the room before him. Chalkboards, chalk, pencils, paper, desk, no windows. Dang it..., Mono thought to himself silently. As he moved away from the room to look for another one, loud thumps came from the staircase. Once again, the Teacher was coming to tear apart Mono and Six, skin and all. Mono and Six looked at each other with concern and worry. Mono pointed to the only room he hadn't looked into, the only room let.

Mono and Six dashed into the room as the footsteps came closer. To Mono's relief, there was a window in the room. But the window was small and would only fit one of them at a time. He looked back at the doorway as the footsteps came even closer, close enough that he could hear the Teacher's harsh breathing. As Six was fitting herself into the window frame, Mono slammed the room's door closed. He grabbed one of the desks in the School's spare room and pressed it up against the door. 

There were suddenly loud noises from outside of the door that was a mix of thumping, screeching, and scratchy breathing. Mono wasn't sure if he had ever heard anything so inhumane in all the years of his life. He looked over his shoulder to see that Six was out of the window. He immediately ran away from the blocked door and over to the window. He looked out to see that there was a roof-like covering that he could slide down just outside the window. He saw Six on the ground in front of it. Mono began to sneak his way through the window. 

The door began to jam open, the Teacher reaching her head and hands through the cracked doorway. Mono tried to get through the window quickly, his breathing quickening. The door began to push the door open more and more. Mono knew that if the door burst open once more, he'd be done for and the Teacher would get him. 

The door bust open, The Teacher's head reaching into the room, her neck stretching. Mono began to slide, but was halfway caught in the window. He screamed as he tried with all of his might to get out of the window...

A/N : Ah yes, cliffhanger.