don't be a stranger

"Oh god Louis, where have you been?" My mom falls my feet as soon as I open the front door.

I look back at Harry, he stands behind me, "Can you deal with her I need to grab my shit." I walk past her, heading towards the stairs.

"Hello, Mrs Tomlinson." I hear him helping her too her feet.

~~

I grab my box, it sits in my room alone. My bed stripped, wardrobes empty and walls clear. Where my mirror once hung, a patch of clean wall outlined.

The years I've spent being self conscious looking into that fucking mirror, makes me glad I got rid of it.

I hear a knock on my door as I grab the box.

"Come in Har-"

"It's me," Lottie stands in the doorway, still in her uniform. She's still in contact with dad so she can afford shit like that.

"Oh shit-" I stroll over too her, hugging her from the waist.

"Where have you been Lou?" She looks up at me, I still have some height over her.

"I wrote you a note-"

"Yeah and you didn't end up telling me where the fuck you've been?!"

Her eyes glisten in the light above, a tear runs smoothly down her cheek.

"Lottie I-"

"I fucking love you Louis, I don't care that you fucked my boyfriend. I miss not seeing you everyday- I don't even know where you live-"

"I don't live with him-"

"Yes you do- look around Lou," She points to my room, "You don't live here."

I look down at my feet, she's right. I live with Harry now.

"Here," I pull the pen that's sticking out her pocket.

Writing down on her forearm Harrys address.

"Take note, visit us sometime, bring the twins," I place the pen back in her pocket, smiling, "And Fizz, if she wants too come."

She smiles, still slightly crying.

"Now," I pat her back, "Help me with these boxes," I point to the two boxes on the floor infront of us.

~~

We step down the stairs, hearing Harry and my mother laugh downstairs.

"Where has she been this whole time?" I whisper too Lottie.

She shrugs her shoulders, "I don't even know. She just appears sometimes, she doesn't do anthing. But she pays rent sometimes so I'm not gonna complain."

"Shit- I didn't know she still payed." I step down onto the ground floor, my sister follows behind.

Harry laughs in the kitchen, never would I ever imagine them bonding.

"Yep, oh! That's him when his sister was born- he was obsessed with her."

"Oh my god- he was adorable."

What.

I strolling into the kitchen, Harry is seated at the table next too my mum, a book open infront of them. She turns the pages as he laughs away.

He looks up at me and Lottie, smile immediately fading and cheeks flushing.

"What the fuck." I stand infront of them, he gets too his feet.

"Hey Lou! I'm showing your boyfriend your baby-"

"He is not my boyfriend, and why the fuck are you doing this."

I watch my mother, ignoring Harrys face. I stare at my mother, who in which can barely keep her eyes open.

"You are high," I grab Harrys wrist, still holding my box under my arm, "And we are never coming back ever again."

"What? Louis? I just met your boy-toy? You're my only son, Lou." She scrambles too her feet, then falling too mine. Now sitting on the floor in front of me.

"Get off the fucking ground, mom." She uses me as a stand, leaning on me while getting up.

"Cut her some slack-"

"Fuck no, Styles. She doesn't deserve my time."

"Louis why are you-" she tries to stroke my arm, but I flinch away.

"Because you fucking ruined my life mom! I finally try too escape your grasp and you come crawling back! I love you but it is not fucking worth your high of your mind ass!" I shout louder than I have before, only ever the truth, "I-I love him. He's done more for me in these past months then you have my entire fucking life. And I like too think that I've helped him too."

I hold his wrist tight, as a comforter in this time of need.

"Come on Lou, we should go." He holds me just as tight as I do him, I feel my anger turn too tears. The stream heavily down my face like a lake.

"I'll see you Lou." Lottie strokes my back as we turn away.

"Later Lot, don't be a stranger." I try too snivel the tears away but more pour.

We step out the front door, he holds one box, as I hold the other.

"Can we speak in a bit? I need to stop being a pussy first." I wipe the tears as they continue to wash my face.

"Don't worry about it, Lou." He watches me, "Anyways, I think it's hot that you can cry. Half the men I've seen that are too much of a pussy not too."

His reassurance grants me happiness.

For some reason.

Growing up she never seemed to care about anything, one minute asleep in bed, the next out partying when I was 9. I looked after the whole goddam family I can't take it anymore, she's gonna ruin the twins fucking life and I just can't be bothered too save them. I can barely save myself from her.

~~