chapter fifteen

August, Tuesday and Maeve were making their way around Brown's shop to pick up a few snacks to take over to Otis' and Jean's house. Jean and Lou were out tonight with a few friends and so Lou had told the teens that they should go over and keep Otis company - claiming that Jean had said he had been acting off these last few weeks, putting it down to the lack of contact Remi had given him.

So, they had picked up some crisps and chocolate - having a crate of beers in their bag already that they took from home. They hadn't heard from Otis today as he hadn't replied to their messages, but the boy was never exactly busy so they figured they would just turn up anyway, not really caring about bugging him.

"Ooh, look." August pointed at the notice board, "There's a ballet dance club going on at church hall on Tuesdays."

"Wow."

"Come on, Tues," She said, grabbing her sister's arm and passing her the flyer, "You used to love Ballet."

Maeve raised an eyebrow in surprise in her girlfriend's direction and smirked slightly.

"Yeah when I was like ten." Tuesday said, pushing her sister away.

August shook her head, "No, you loved it till you stopped at fifteen." She said, "We should go try it out. Maeve would you be up for it?"

"I don't dance, so absolutely not." Maeve said.

Tuesday shook her head, "I'm not going - far too hetero for me."

"That's a stereotype." August rolled her eyes, "I want to do it, besides, you owe me one."

Tuesday frowned, "No I don't."

"Uh, yeah you do." August said pointedly, "I haven't ratted you both out for sleeping in the same room every night this week, when mum said you couldn't."

"Ugh, fine." Tuesday groaned in exasperation, "I'll go with you this once and that's it. Let's just get out of here already."

August went up to the counter and paid, having to engage in small and slightly awkward talk with Ola whilst Maeve and Tuesday stepped outside to create some more space in the small store that was uncharacteristically busy.

"You know," Maeve said quietly once they were outside, "I think I'll enjoy seeing you in ballet uniform."

"Shut up," Tuesday groaned, pushing her to the side, "You should be forced into this too."

"I work in your mum's office on Tuesday's." She replied, shrugging slightly, "So I couldn't possibly join, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much without my presence."

"How did I not know Ola and Lily are together?" August said in bewilderment as she walked out the shop, passing a bag to Tuesday to carry, "Ola just said they've been together for months."

Maeve chuckled and began walking on in the direction of the Milburn household, "Yeah, how the hell did you not know that? They're always making out on the green and talking in that weird made up language. It's so odd."

Tuesday nudged her girlfriend with a frown, "Be nice - they're just a bit different I suppose."

"That's one way to put it."

The three got to the house in good time and let themselves in from the side doors next to the balcony. It was surprisingly quiet, aside from the soft music playing from the speakers, as they made their way through the kitchen and put the bags down on the kitchen side.

"Otis!" August called out.

"Oh shit." They heard from the living room.

The cousins frowned and walked towards the sound and were shocked to see Ruby and Otis on the couch - the latter straddling the former.