chapter seven

let me know what you guys think :)

It was about two in the afternoon now and Tuesday had been sent upstairs to bed and Jean, Otis and Eric had gone home about an hour ago and August was upstairs studying. However, Maeve had decided to stick around and help Lou with putting everything back into place, thoroughly enjoy the older woman's company - it was amazing how comfortable she made Maeve feel and the maternal comfort she offered filled a hole inside of Maeve.

"Right, that's it all back to normal." Lou said, taking a look around the lounge after putting the last painting back up on the wall, "Almost like there was never a party at all."

Maeve chuckled, "I can't believe how chill you were with how many people were over last night."

Lou shrugged, "I liked a good ole party when I was young." She said simply, "Besides, it was no trouble really, and it made August happy."

"Everyone had a good time." Maeve said, "And, I heard a lot of people raving about your home."

"Thank you," Lou said, a genuine smile on her face, "I always wanted to have a house that felt like a safe space. When I was with the girls' dad he wanted the house as neat as a pin - never did feel like a home.."

"Well, you've certainly done just that." Maeve smiled, "It's so comforting, I felt that as soon as I walked in the first time I visited."

Lou checked her watch, "Thank you, honey." She said, "Anyway, I need to go and get a few things before the shop closes. You're welcome here as long as you want though, sweets."

"Thanks, Lou, but I'll probably be heading out soon."

Maeve went upstairs after Lou left with the intention of grabbing her things from Tuesday's room and leaving. However, when she came in the room, Six, who was originally curled up next to Tuesday, his head resting on her leg, but he stood up on the bed with his wagging tail which ultimately woke Tuesday up.

"Hey, you." Maeve said softly, smiling at the sleepy girl.

"You're leaving?" Tuesday husked out, putting a pout on her lips.

Maeve chuckled, "I was going to," She told her, "I should probably let you rest."

Tuesday jutted her bottom lip out, "Don't leave me." she said, lifting up the blanket she was laying under and gesturing for her to come close.

Maeve caved and climbed onto the bed next to her and under the blanket, one hand contemplating grabbing Tuesday's and the other petting Six.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Tuesday replied, "Just kinda achy and my head hurts."

Maeve smiled sympathetically, reaching her hand over to tuck some hair behind the girl's ear, "I can imagine." She said, "This is why you need your rest."

Tuesday leant into the girl's hand, smiling at the comfort, "I've been sleeping for a while now," She pointed out, "I'd rather just talk to you."

"Damn, so it isn't only alcohol that gets you so soft," Maeve teased, "Clearly you after seizures you're a softie too."

Tuesday chuckled, "Shut up, you dickhead."

Maeve laughed, sliding her hand down to rest below her cheek and leaning in and kissing the girl's forehead.

"I'm sorry you had to see it." Tuesday mumbled, closing her eyes.

"Don't be silly." Maeve said, "I mean, I didn't enjoy seeing it because I knew it was unpleasant for you, but... you don't have to apologise to me about it."