Chapter 5. It's Not Over Yet

Beginne am Anfang

Joey stopped laughing and looked at Louis with a raised eyebrow. He had never seen that look on his manager before. It was quiet surprising and weird.

"I.... I didn't mean anything by saying that. It was just a joke... I didn't even know they spoke French. Most of the time I was there they had me drugged, so I barely remember anything."

"Their faces? What about their faces?"

Louis asked upfront witch made Joey quite uncomfortable.

"I... never saw their faces. I only know their body build but I don't think I ever saw their faces..."

Louis relaxed a little after hearing Joey say that. He then smiled again towards Joey and continued to eat his sweets.

"Better to just forget all about those men then. Leave them in the past and don't ever think about this again. Live your life to the fullest! You don't need them as a constant reminder in your head of what happened to you. Besides, nothing bad really happened. They didn't rape you like they had planned to do, right? So it should be all good now."

Joey did not react well to that statement... for him it was more than 'just' to leave it all behind. Joey was a strong guy. He was going to get over it eventually, but now it was such a fresh thing for him that he couldn't just forget about it, but there was another thing too that made Joey uncomfortable, and it was the fact that Louis knew about the kidnappers and that they had planned to rape Joey. Joey hadn't told anyone this yet. He didn't even tell the police who questioned him yesterday.

"Louis...."

Joey was cut off as he was just about to ask him how he knew about those things, since they weren't even written down on a police report.

"You know what they say about visitation to sick people. Keep it short."

Louis smiled and then stood up. He had come over to ask Joey a few questions and he was very satisfied with the answers he got, so he decided to leave.

"..... yeah. Alright. See ya at work..."

Joey felt uneasy and suspicious. He couldn't quite figure it all out yet, but he felt like Louis had something to do with all that had happened to him. He stood up right after Louis and took a deep breath to question him about it.

"Before you go, Louis... can I ask you something too?"

"... of corse you can Joey. Go ahead."

"... Did you have something to do with all that happened to me? The kidnappers, the way things ended up? Any of it?"

Joey asked upfront. Louis just smiled and even laughed a little at Joey's question.

"Of corse I didn't have anything to do with it. I'm sorry if I asked you all those questions, I was just curious... but I really have to go now. I leave the rest of the sweets with you. Bye for now!"

And with that, Louis left. He closed the door after himself and grit his teeth in anger after he started to walk away from the building Joey was living in.

"I shouldn't have come over... you're usually an idiot Joey, but today, you just had to be the smart one this time."

He muttered to himself in French so that no one else would understand him. He took up his phone and give someone a call.

"I need you to get something done for me."

"You got it boss! Whatever you need!"

"I need you to kill Joey for me. Could you do that?"

"No worries. I'll get it done tonight!"