Hoseok comes out and stands in front of us before sighing.

"Jungkook, you know I can't jeopardize my health like that again. My injury caused a lot of mental and emotional strain on me and I don't ever want to go through that again. Yes, basketball was fun and the recognition was always the best but you know I want to be more than just a basketball player" Hoseok spoke, "I'm sorry, but I will have to sit this season out"

Hoseok is about to walk away until I speak up.

"I know what you mean," I start as he stops, both of them looking at me, "I lost someone close to me when I was young and throughout the years I played because of them but then I started to get angry because they left and then I started to play recklessly. When I got injured I wanted to quit too but I realized that once you love something so much, you can't let it go just yet"

"It's scary, I know it is" Hoseok looks at me guiltily, "But fear turns into drive and that's all you need to push yourself. A lot of people believed in me so I believe in you too"

It's quite as we stare at Hoseok expectantly.

"I'm sorry guys, really. But, I can't risk it" he says before he starts to walk away, "I hope you understand, and good luck this season. I will support you all the way to Nationals"

I watch as he walks away in sadness, I really thought I had a chance to bring him back.

Both Taehyung and Jimin looked like they needed the extra support.

I close my locker dejectedly and begin to walk away as well.

"Uh, hey," Jungkook calls out from beside me, I stop and glare at him as he scratched the back of his neck nervously, "I just wanted to say-"

I decide to cut him off, "If you're going to apologize for yesterday, don't. It was really messed up and out of hand for the captain to push one of his teammates, a girl nonetheless, that you don't deserve to be forgiven. Let's just act like it never happened, kay?"

The final bell rings, and he regains his posture and nods.

"Coach wanted me to tell you that there is no practice tonight, so you can just head home after school. We have our last club game this evening" he finishes before walking off.

I roll my eyes and leave as well.

Why does he think I'm not attending the game, just because I can't play doesn't mean I won't go.

———

I give my money to the person in the ticket booth and receive a stamp on the back on my hand before I walk into the gym.

The first thing I notice is that the game has already started.

Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin, Kaito and Jungwoo are playing offense on a team that I have yet to know.

I walk down the open sideline of the court and take a seat in the middle of the bleachers.

Jungkook boxes his opponent off and switches the ball to his left before driving and making a layup.

I hear almost everyone cheer but a group of voices grab my attention the most. I look across and see a group of girls holding signs and posters with Jungkook's name and face.

Lisa is one of those people, her minions alongside her as well.

I smile in amusement at the sight.

———

The game continues and it's now the end of third quarter going into fourth quarter.

When the second quarter started, Coach Bang subbed the juniors in for the seniors. They did a pretty good job at staying ahead, I also noticed Soobin and Yeonjun being excellent leaders for their team as well.