"Roan!" I finally saw him. Underneath some bodies, wounded, but alive after all.

"Clarke...." It's just a whisper, as if it hurts to speak.

"Here I am. Everything is going to be fine, you are going to be fine." My eyes fill with tears that I still don't allow myself to shed. "I need a doctor, now!"

For the first time in a long time I am grateful that I am Skai Prisa and that everyone is devoted to the crown. Our healer quickly arrives. Among other soldiers and I, we freed my brother, who must have played dead so they wouldn't kill him.

Suddenly Roan's eyes close. "No, no, no. Roan. Roan, wake up. You can't leave me." He seems to struggle but he must have lost too much blood.

The warriors and the healer carry Roan on a stretcher, trying to get to the medical area as soon as possible. I hope they arrive on time. I run after them holding their hand, please don't leave me bigabro.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

The doctor tells me that he was lucky, that he is still alive. For now. The wound may have become infected, but we won't know that for a few hours. The only thing left to do is wait and pray that he recovers. I sit in a chair next to his bunk and squeeze his hand. Things might get cold between us, but it's family. Family is the most important thing and I don't want to lose him, not him.

I stayed by his side all night. My weapons and I are still covered in blood, but I don't care. The only thing that matters to me now is that my brother wakes up. I'm not moving until that happens. I still resent him, but his near death made me realize something.

Nobody has his life insured. He could have died, or even me, and I would never have forgiven him. I should live with the burden that he died without forgiving him. And that would be something I could never forgive myself for. I rinse the tear that has begun to fall, this is not the time to cry. Even if he was already dead. A warrior does not mourn his death until the war is over. There will be time to heal the wounds.

I rest my head on the mattress and close my eyes. It has been a tiring day. The battle has exhausted me. I don't have any major injuries. Some small bruises and cuts that will heal over time. I have been wounded in battle before and this has been the one I have come out of the most unscathed. Physically speaking, because emotionally I break even more with each fight, with each death. The demons chase me until I fall into the arms of Morpheus.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Roan has started to have a fever, which is not a good sign. It means that the wound has become infected. If we were in the Ark, my mother would have saved him, but we don't have that much technology here, so we just have to wait and see if he recovers. Darius has come and forced me to wash, change my clothes and eat. About resting, I have slept little. Only when my body can no longer resist being awake.

I have dark circles, scars and all my clothes have old blood stains. I look like a ghost with my pale skin. It is not in the conditions in which you would expect to see a girl, much less a princess. Minute after minute, hour after hour, and it has become days and nothing, Roan does not improve.

The news that my brother is on his deathbed has spread and a week later my mother shows up at the camp. She enters the hospital like a soul in the wind and runs towards us. First she notices Roan, who remains unconscious, delirious with fever. Then her eyes land on me. She seems to be amazed at how much I have changed, how much her daughter has grown.

She opens her arms and I throw myself into them. I burst into tears with her and we both cried for a long time. I update her on what has happened, from the bitter witch's death, to how things got worse between him and me. She comforts me and encourages me to work it out with him when he wakes up. If he does.