14.

the days began going by very slowly

jungwoo got happier during those days while kyungmi began getting more and more drained.

like any other dreadful night, she found her feet dragging her to hangang bridge. kyungmi lifted her feet off the ground, finding herself floating in the air. such a small action but she already felt so free and light.

a very small smile plastered itself on kyungmi's face. following the wind, kyungmi began floating with her chest and face facing upwards towards the moon while her back faced down at the ground and river.

kyungmi closed her eyes, letting the wind carry her naturally.

"you're a disgrace to our family."

it was her father.

kyungmi kneeled in front of her father, gripping onto her baby brother. kyungmi was only only 5 years old and her baby brother was 2.

"you can't even take care of your brother?!"

"i-it was an accident.." little kyungmi answered quietly.

"accident or not, you were at fault. your brother nearly died then! where were you?! running around the grass while your brother nearly died at han river!!" her father yelled.

out of fear, kyungmi's arms wrapped her brother tighter.

"i didn't mean to run away from him, father."

"excuses. always your stupid excuses. he's only two and you can't even take care of him." with a loud scoff, he turned away and walked away from the two children.

once her father left the room, kyungmi cried with her brother in her arms. the moment she began crying, her baby brother reached his hands out and grabbed her face, wiping her tears away.

"i'm sorry jisung-ah..i promise noona will protect you better..."

kyungmi shot her eyes open with a loud gasp. due to the amount of shock she was in, kyungmi felt herself falling downwards towards the water.

is this..the end?

she thought to herself. she let herself fall, she didn't care. jungwoo was happy now - that's all she wanted.

just before kyungmi could feel herself falling into the water, she felt the side of her body pressed against someone's chest, carrying her back up to the bridge.

"noona! are you an idiot!! you could've died like that! what if i wasn't roaming around the area?! what would've happened to you!? you can't die again but still, what if i wasn't there to pick you up, noona?!"

the younger male yelled at kyungmi. he looked at her with bulging eyes and a red face, absolutely furious that she did nothing to save herself.

what confused him was how he looked at her with a smile.

"reminds me of when you were only two, when i was the one saving you." kyungmi whispered with a soft voice.

within seconds, jisung's eyes began to tear up. his lips began to quiver and his eyes were shaking as he stared at her.

"n-noona..do you..remember me..?" his voice was barely audible, but she heard him.

"my baby brother..you've grown up a lot.."

jisung said nothing, instead he lunged forward at the older. he wrapped his arms around her neck and hugged her close to himself.

"noona..i thought you would've never remembered me..i thought..i thought i had lost you again.." jisung cried.

his voice was quiet and kyungmi could feel his tears falling onto his neck.

"what happened? why are you..dead?" kyungmi asked quietly, pulling her brother away from her figure. she brought her hands up to his face and wiped his tears away.

"mum and dad began getting mean because..because i kept visiting your grave..noona was too busy with work and hyungs focused on school and work and i was the only one with enough time to visit you but mum and dad they..they began being mean..so i ran away and..i wanted to find you.."

even if he wasn't completely direct, she knew what he meant.

"jisung you shouldn't have! you had so many years ahead of you.." jisung began shaking his head.

"my years are nothing if my favourite noona wasn't around.."

i teared up writing this on