Through Nezuko's Eyes [27]

Start from the beginning

We kept walking and made it downstairs to a room I hadn't been in before. It was a dining hall with pink and blue ribbons all along the walls. There were also butterflies hanging from the ceiling. Tanjiro stopped walking once we got into the room.

**It's all so pretty!**

The lights in the room turned off and I couldn't see much. I held Tanjiro's hand tightly as to not lose him in the darkness. There was a lot of sound in the room as I both heard and felt the presence of people entering the room. I drew my claws and grew back to my regular size. I got prepared to fight if I needed to protect Tanjiro.

**What is happening, Tanjiro? Why aren't you moving? He's not afraid? My big brother is so brave. I can be brave just like you too.**

The lights came back on and the room was full of more people now. Tanjiro let go of my hand and turned to me.

Everybody: Happy birthday, Nezuko!

Tanjiro: Nezuko, it's your birthday, remember?!

I retracted my claws and calmed down as I looked around the room. Everybody who's been taking care of me was there. The 3 girls, Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi. The bigger girl with the angry face, Aoi. The girl I met on the mountain, Kanao. And the girl with no pupils, Shinobu. I recognized all of them, but I always had trouble trying to remember their names for some reason.

**My family is here! That's right, it's my 'birthday'! We did this last year too, didn't we? I'm not sure what a birthday is, but if it makes everybody else happy then it makes me happy too.**

The yellow boy, Zenitsu entered the room with the pig-face boy, Inosuke. 

Zenitsu: Nezuko-chan ❤️

Zenitsu slid over to me with his hands behind his back. He had a blissful smile on his face as he showed me what was behind his back. It was a bouquet of flowers.

Zenitsu: Happy birthday, Nezuko-chan! ❤️

He handed me the flowers and started to rock back and forth.

**He looks like a dandelion. A weird dandelion. The flower boy gave me flowers, thank you!**

He giggled and stared at me.

Zenitsu: Let's get married Nezuko-chan-

The pig-face boy charged over and shoved him out of the way.

Inosuke: It's your birthday, Minion 3! Take these!

I held out my other hand and he dropped some acorns into it.

Inosuke: Haha! I collected those in the forest.

The pig-face boy puffed out his chest and stood proudly.

**Pig-boy and Dandelion-boy are kind of weird, but they really are nice. I like them.**

Zenitsu: Inosuke, you... What do you think you're doing you, psycho!? Who attacks another person when they're doing their marriage proposal!?

The pig-face boy and dandelion boy started arguing.

Inosuke: I had presents too, stop hogging all of the time!

Tanjiro waved to me from across the room while the other 2 boys kept fighting.

Tanjiro: Hey, Nezuko, over here.

I looked over at Tanjiro who was helping the 3 little girls bring out a box from a closet. I ran over to see what was going on.

Tanjiro: Nezuko! This is a gift from us. Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi worked really hard on it for me so that it would be perfect for today. Here.