I was able to walk a couple of weeks after surgery, in moderation. When I got home, there were balloons everywhere.  There was a banner in the living room saying 'Welcome Home!' The team was there, except for Hana, the Takahashi family was there too. I was surprised and I was on the verge of crying until Ran came up to me.

"Hey, no crying" he said.

I nodded.

That night was wonderful. Dad cooked my favorite food, Riri and Mrs. Takahashi made my favorite dessert, strawberry shortcake, the team brought some presents. Everyone was laughing and having fun.

Championship...

I travelled to Tokyo for Ran's championship after begging my dad for a whole week. Aro was supposed to supervise me since he goes to Tokyo University and has time to watch me that entire week. This was a surprise for Ran as he didn't know I was going to be there. He insisted that I stay and get better and that there was no reason for me to strain myself by travelling all the way to Tokyo for a silly match. I know it's more than a match to him. Scouts could be in the crowd watching, it's his big chance to fulfill his dreams.

I was sitting on the stands next to my brother, behind us was the Takahashi family. I made a banner, a very colorful banner, that says, 'Ran-kun's Number 1 fan.' The players walked out to the court as they were introduced. They stood on the 3 meter line on their side of the court, same for the other team. They greeted each other and wished them luck. After that, the cheering started. I stood up and cheered loudly as the match began.

His teammate set him up for a spike, it's match point, if he hits this perfectly, they'll win. Just like that, my bestfriend is a champion. I never cheered so loud in my entire life. I was so happy for him. He worked so hard to get this far. We all went down to congratulate him, but there were a few media outlets interviewing him. I stood just a few feet behind them holding my banner. He was crying and I just wanted to hug him.

We made eye contact and he smiled. He pulled me to him for a hug. "My number one fan," he told the press.

"What are you doing here?" he asked after the press left.

"Ano... I wanted to cheer you on?"

"But your knee, you need to heal"

"I'm fine as long as I don't overwork myself, but... CONGRATULATIONS!" I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, lifting me from the ground.

"Ehem.." my brother fake coughed.

"Oh Aro-kun, let them have their moment," Mrs. Takahashi playfully nudge my brother. We both blushed and let each other go. He went on to the locker room and celebrate with his team. It's their night, we'll celebrate tomorrow.

As I was relaxing in my hotel room, browsing through Instagram, I heard a knock on my door. It was 11:30pm, who in their right mind would knock at this time. I got up and looked at the peep hole to see who it was. Ran.

I opened the door, clearly forgetting that I was just in my shorts and tank top. "What's up? And how did you know this was my room?" I asked.

I noticed that he was trying to look somewhere else but me. That was when I realized what I was wearing. "Kuso.. give me a sec-" Ran threw his hoodie at me and I wore it immediately. It swallowed me, it ended just above my knee and my fingers were barely showing. "Come in," I said.

He walked in, carrying a box. He was still in his jersey, so he probably came from their celebration. He looked around and saw my tablet on my bed, a pillow to rest my knee and a few snacks. "Were you sleeping already? Did I wake you up?" he asked. I looked at him and see the concern on his face.

"No, silly. I was just browsing Instagram when you knocked," I answered. I plopped down on my bed and got comfy. He sat on the other bed, looking shy. "I don't bite, you know, besides, who told you where I was staying?"

"Liar, you bit me before. We were 7, you bit my arm because I wouldn't give you the volleyball," he contested.

"Hey! That was years ago, it doesn't count," I giggled.

"I asked Riri where you were staying, I just wanted to say that I really am happy that you were there to watch me today," he said, scratching the back of his neck.

I sat up and faced him, looking at his shy face. I took both his hands and held it, looking at his taped fingers. It needed to be taped again. He handed me a tape and I proceeded. He was never good at taping his own fingers. "Ano... I got you something" he whispered as I tape his fingers. "You know.. you don't have to get me anything," I said, finishing up.

He held out the box. "It's a strawberry shortcake from a famous bakery, it has good reviews" he mumbled. I opened it and it looked so delicious and mouth watering. "Also, there's a small box in my hoodie pocket," he added. I pulled out 2 plastic forks and a small jewelry box.

"Share?" he asked, looking at me then at the cake.

"What's this?" I asked as I handed him the other fork, looking at the small velvet box. "Just a thank you gift," he casually answered as he takes a fork full of cake.

I opened it and inside was a silver bracelet with all his jersey numbers since he was little as charms. "Number one fan" he said, "I'll be adding more numbers soon, hopefully."

My hands were shaking, it was beautiful. He put it on my left wrist and I smiled, "I love it, thank you."

We ate the cake as we watched movies on my tablet, forgetting the time, just enjoying each other's company.

==================================
*ano - uhmm
*kuso - damn

A/N: I have this story in my head and I'm typing on my phone as it goes. So, I might be posting one or two chapters a day, maybe more if I have the time.

Please let me know if you like it or not.

Thank you