Fool

"Hey there" Clairo appears by my side when I was busy walking to my next class.
"Wassup?" I ask with a nod.

"Where you heading now?" she asks.
"Math."

"Let's skip" she smiles.
"No way" I instantly shut her down. She pouts.

"Don't you want to spend time with me?" she asks.
"Two different things. I'll see you at lunch" I tell her as I enter my classroom.

"Hey" I greet Ashley, already sitting in her seat.
"Hello" she shyly greets.

"I believe you have something of mine" William smiles once he approached our desk. I hand back his note and he opens it real quick. His face drops.

"Why not?" he whines.
"I'm already going with someone" I simply say.

"Well, tell them you're going with me" he complains further.
"No."

"Alright, settle down" the teacher enters the class.

"Want to have lunch with me?" William asks as he follows Ashley and I.
"I'm fine" I say.
"Then I'll have lunch with you" he makes up his mind.
"Please don't."

"Hey, can I borrow your phone real quick?" Lisa comes rushing along and asks me.
"For what?" I ask as I hand her my phone.

"Lisa, what's up?" William smiles.
"Nothing much. And you?" she takes a moment to greet him.
"The ceiling" he smiles.
"Never heard that one before" she sarcastically says and returns her attention to my phone.

"I can see that you two are sisters now" William tells me and I look at him with squinted eyes.

"Tell me something. Why does Lisa have such blue eyes while you're stuck with ordinary black brown?" William asks, still trying to get under my skin.
"Maybe it changed because she constantly has to look at you" Lisa snaps.
"Then who are you constantly staring at? The sky?"

"P-please don't fight" Ashley tries to speak up, but failing as the two ignore her and continue the bickering.

"Thanks" Lisa eventually says as she hands back my phone, ignoring William who is still trying to fight.
"I forgot my phone at home. I feel so naked" Lisa shivers and walks away.

She still didn't explain what she was busy doing...

"Hey dude. Whatcha doing?" some guy takes William away. I take this opportunity to walk away with Ashley on my heel.

We spot Olivia and Emily in the cafeteria.

"Hi" I greet.
"We have class together after this, right?" Emily asks and I nod.

"Oh hey. Didn't think you'd be coming back" Olivia turns to Ashley.
In all honesty, me neither. Not that it bothers me.

I feel someone tap on my shoulder.

"Let's go somewhere else" Clairo tells me. I nod.

"If you'll excuse us" I tell the table and leave with Clairo.

"The basketball court? Seriously?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.
"No one's here so yeah" she smiles.

We sit down on the pavilion, under the sun. In this kind of weather, it was actually nice.

"Hey guys. Don't mind if I shoot some hoops?" Lisa shows up while she bounces the ball. It's weird to see her alone for once.

"By all means" Clairo says and continues her conversation.

At some point, we were both looking at Lisa play. I was bored, feeling like I was about to fall asleep under the warm sun while Clairo looked intrigued.