Stones and Secrets

(Y/N) thought the exams were rather easy. He figured that even if he hadn't done all of that studying, he'd have passed with flying colors. Once the exams did end, however, the other students began their reign of terror towards him, but it was much more lax after the stress that was the exams. People were still coming off the high that followed the final day.

It was a good thing he had been great with Practical Magic because they had Practical Examinations, which he felt most confident in. In Charms, Professor Flitwick called them in one at a time to see if they could make a Pineapple tap-dance across a desk. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuff-box. She gave points for how pretty the box looked, but took points away if whiskers or a tail was present. Snape made them all the most nervous, but (Y/N) still aced the Forgetfulness Potion he had them make for their exam.

Even for History of Magic, (Y/N) felt confident in the written exam, as there was no Practical for HoM. (Y/N) found it rather amusing when Hermione made the comment, "That was far easier than I thought it would be. I needn't have learnt about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the Uprising of Elfric the Eager."

The four of them wandered down towards the edge of the lake and flopped down under a tree. (Y/N) and Hermione were going over their exam papers, just to see what all they answered similarly. Much to Hermione's satisfaction, they answered exactly the same, meaning they had a great chance of completely acing all of the written aspects. She did, however, not feel nearly as confident in Potions or some of the Practicals. She expected Snape to not be so kind for her slight hesitation during the brewing, and she could almost have sworn her snuff-box had a little bit of fur on it.

Harry kept rubbing his forehead, specifically, his scar, "I wish I knew what this means!" He growled angrily, "My scar keeps hurting - it's happened before, but never as often or as bad as this."

"You could go to Madam Pomfrey?" Hermione suggested.

"I'm not ill," Harry said, "I think it's a warning... it means danger is coming..."

Ron could be bothered to argue with him much, "Harry, relax, Hermione's right, the Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore is around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down."

Harry nodded at this, but couldn't shake the lurking feeling that there was something he'd forgotten to do, something important. When he tried to explain this, Hermione had said, "That's just the exams. I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes before I remembered we'd already done that one."

(Y/N) was busy resting his eyes when Harry suddenly jumped up, startling him to full alert, "What? Where are you going, Harry?" He asked the scar-headed boy.

"I've just thought of something!" He yelled and the three of them followed him. "We've got to see Hagrid, now!"

"Why?" Hermione was panting as she tried to keep up.

"Wait, I get it," (Y/N) said, "Harry's right! It is a bit odd when you think about it. The one thing Harry said that Hagrid always wanted was a Dragon, then a stranger in a bar shows up out of the blue with a Dragon egg, even though it's against Wizarding Law to have one. It all makes sense!"

Hermione and Ron still didn't completely understand, but kept pace with (Y/N) and Harry anyway. They all arrived at Hagrid's hut to see him outside with his trousers and sleeves rolled up, shelling peas into a large basket, "Hullo," he said, smiling at them, "Finished yer exams have yeh? Got time for a cuppa tea?"

"Yes, please," Ron said, but Harry cut him off.

"No, we're in a hurry. Hagrid, I've got to ask, you know that night you won Norbert? What did the stranger you were playing cards with look like?"