The Potions Prick

(A/N) Hey... been too long hasn't it? ^^; Now that The Revolution is over in my main book, I'm going to continue with this series of books :D also, the Snape in my book is based on Book Snape, not Movie Snape, so he will be much more cruel than usual. Also, if any writing involving the Reader's character seems familiar, it's because it's probably inspired by Anonymous_Writer2345's HP book series. The way he wrote the Reader in it is just, *chefs kiss* phenomenal. That isn't to say I am  going to copy that exactly, because primarily the reader in my book is a descendant of Merlin, not a hated Bloodline that was most known for supporting Voldemort. That's the key difference between the two Main Characters. Plus I'm not using his writing as reference, I'm using the actual book... Lord help me when I get to Book 6 and 7...

So... I acknowledge the Wiki and its information on Merlin, but given that it contradicts real life Merlin myth, I have elected to ignore it. That's why I simply refuse to even acknowledge that Merlin was at Hogwarts, because irl Merlin was born way before that. Sorry Austin ;P With that out of the way, I sincerely apologize for the ultra-lengthy wait and I hope you enjoy :)

(Y/N) smiled widely as he sat under the hat. He took it off and hurried over to the Gryffindor table and sat beside Hermione, "I knew you'd get Gryffindor! I just knew you would!" She was smiling a toothy grin at him.

"I knew I would too," he smiled back at her as the excitement died down for a moment and he looked up to the staff table. Up there, he saw Dumbledore smiling right at him.

Albus Dumbledore then got to his feet and beamed at all of his students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there at the Castle, "Welcome!" His voice boomed loudly, "Welcome, to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words, and they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!" He gave everyone a brief once over, "Thank you!" He sat back down to an eruption of applause and cheer.

"The Headmaster is a bit of an odd one, isn't he?" (Y/N) asked Hermione.

"He is, but he's the most powerful Wizard in the world, I think he's earned the right to be a little odd," Hermione said thoughtfully. The next thing the both of them knew, all of the plates and goblets were filled with food and drink, respectively.

"That does look good," (Y/N) heard a ghostly voice say a little ways down the table. He looked and saw that a Ghost was looking at Harry cutting into his steak.

"Can't you eat too?" Harry had asked the Ghost.

(Y/N) thought that was a rather silly question, "I haven't eaten in nearly five hundred years," said the Ghost sadly. "I don't need to, of course, but one does miss it..." he was more sad than a moment ago, before rebounding into cheeriness, "Oh, I don't believe I've yet introduced, have I? I am Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, at your service! I am the Resident Ghost of Gryffindor Tower."

"Wait, I know who you are!" (Y/N) heard Ron say excitedly, "My brothers told me about you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!"

"I would prefer it if you called me Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-" Sir Nick never got to finish his sentence.

"Nearly Headless?" (Y/N) heard Seamus ask, sitting near Ron, "How can you be Nearly Headless?"

Nick looked like someone had just ruffled his feathers the wrong way. This clearly wasn't going how he wanted to, so he decided to give them what they wanted, "Like this," his voice was irritable. He grabbed the hair on top of his head, leaned forward and pulled his head to the side, revealing that his head was still attached, but only by some skin and muscle.