Diantha: "Ash wait!" the said boy turned around with a questioning look, so she continued, "There might be a small problem," she said, hesitantly.

Ash: "What is it?" he replied with a question, now fully turned to face her.

Diantha: "Well, the school is quite far from here as well as your house. So, you might face trouble in transportation. Will you be able to manage it?" she asked with a doubtful look, to which Ash smirked and replied,

Ash: "Is there anything that I can't do?" while turning the doorknob and exiting the office. Diantha just shook her head and smiled.

Diantha: "Of course you can, you're Ash Ketchum after all" she muttered under her breath and shook her head with a smile.

Ash was walking down the hallway with his hands in his pockets and whistling to himself in a good mood towards his first class. But all good things come to an end as he spotted an annoyingly familiar group walking towards him with a new addition to their team.

Ash stopped once he was close enough and was met with a smug look from Calem. He didn't pay any heed to the black-haired teen and instead tilted his head a little to see behind him towards the new member.

Calem looked mad because Ash was ignoring him and made him look like a fool, so he moved in front of the champion to block his view. The 'loser' looked annoyed and asked,

Ash: "What do you want now, Camel?" with an irritated tone, to which some of the nearby students laughed, but were instantly silenced by Calem's group. He turned to look at the boy in front of him and with a smirk replied,

Calem: "What can you possibly give me, Ass Ketchup?" in a mocking tone, which caused Ash to roll his eyes, earning a few laughs from his group as well as other students. After some time, he continued,

Calem: "I am here to introduce you to our new member!" he exclaimed excitedly, throwing his hands up and stepping aside to reveal a familiar face to Ash, with mahogany hair and green eyes.

Seeing the person standing opposite to him, his eyes suddenly turned cold and his face morphed into an expressionless state, same with the other boy. Pikachu, who was sitting on Ash's shoulder had a similar expression as the two teens.

The tension seemed to grow between the two and everyone started to get nervous. This continued for a few more moments before the trio's faces morphed into smiles and the boys hugged each other. This turn of events shocked everyone, especially Calem's group who were expecting a fight.

The two separated moments later, before Pikachu jumped from Ash's shoulder to Gary's and nuzzled its trainer's brother-like friend. 

Ash: "It's good to see you again, Gary" said the raven-haired boy, looking at his long-time friend and rival with a smile, which was returned by the mahogany-haired teen.

Gary: "Good to see you too...Ashy-boy" Gary replied with a teasing smirk. Ash rolled his eyes at his friend's behavior and an evil grin crept onto his face, which caused Gary to freak out as he knew what was coming next.

Ash: "Yeah, yeah....Oak Tree" and laughter could be heard around them. The young professor glared at the champion, who was also laughing lightly, and sighed. Meanwhile, Calem's group was standing with their mouths hanging open as their newest member turned out to be a friend of the 'loser'.

But someone was looking at the two, who were talking, with wide eyes. That someone was Serena. She was having a blurry flashback of some sort, like a distant, forgotten memory. 

FLASHBACK 10 YEARS AGO

A lot of children were seen in the laboratory of the famous Pokemon Researcher, Professor Oak, who was holding a summer camp, just like every year. 

We see a young honey blonde girl with blue eyes standing in a corner with a raven-haired boy, who had an anxious look on his face and was looking at the entrance to the ranch, waiting for his best friend.

It was the third day of the summer camp, and they were about to start the first activity of the day. It was a group activity, which required three people in a group. If a group had less than three, then they would be disqualified. Ash and Serena were in a group with Gary, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Just as they were about to begin though, a young mahogany-haired boy came running through the gate of the lab and joined the near couple at the entrance of the forest. Both of them sighed in relief as they will now be able to compete.

Ash: "Where were you, Gary?" Ash gave Gary the best stern look he could muster and asked with a serious voice. Gary reciprocated the look.

Gary: "You trying to imidate me Ashy-boy?" and then burst out laughing. Ash kept the serious face for some time, before laughing himself. Suddenly an evil grin crept upon his face which freaked Gary out.

Ash: "Good to see you made it...Oak Tree" and everyone started laughing, Gary glared at the future Champion, and then they continued on with their daily competition.

FLASHBACK END

Dawn: "Serena. Serena! SERENA!!" Serena was brought out of her thoughts by the concerned voice of her best friend, Dawn.

Serena: "Huh? What happened?" she shook her head and looked around cluelessly.

Dawn: "The bell rang and everyone already went to their classes. Serena what's wrong? You were just staring into space and not responding" the bluenette asked her honey-blonde friend with a worried expression.

Serena: "Nothing's wrong, let's go" she replied with a smile and started walking to her first class, internally frowning and thinking about her meaningless flashback. Meaningless to her, for now at least.

Serena: 'But why did I have a flashback of the losers? That too when they were young. Do I know them?' she thought while walking, but decided to shrug it off as she entered her classroom.

Little did Serena know, it was not a meaningless vision, but a start of something new, something very important in her life. 

(A/N: HEY GUYS!! I'M SOOO GLAD TO BE FREE FROM MY EXAMS! DAMN, THEY WERE LONG. ANYWAY, THIS IS THE NEW CHAPTER! HOPE YOU LIKE IT! AND SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE TOO!! IT WAS THE FAULT OF MY EXAMS!! THIS IS IT FOR NOW GUYS!! AND TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS IF YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT IS STARTING WITH THIS SUPPOSEDLY MEANINGLESS FLASHBACK!!

-BYE!!)