09

cause I hear he's got his arm 'round a brand-new girlI've been pickin' up my heart, he's been pickin' up her

'round a brand-new girl
I've been pickin' up my heart,
he's been pickin' up her

cause I hear he's got his arm 'round a brand-new girlI've been pickin' up my heart, he's been pickin' up her

"How are you, (L/N)" midoriya pipes up as he appears next to (Y/N). the both of them are walking down the crowded and cramped hallways to go to their classroom.

   "Alright," she begins keeping her eyes ahead of her, "how are you, midoriya?".

   he simply nodded and she took that as a sign that he was doing good. The two turned to enter the classroom, midoriya before (Y/N). he stopped in his tracks. blocking the doorway. "what's the hold-up?".

   "can we get breakfast? I forgot breakfast?" he scrambled while trying to pull her away from the sight in the class. "but the bell rings in a few minutes,".

   the boy attempted to pull her away but it was too late. she already saw the sight in the classroom. her ex-boyfriend has his lips locked with Sarah. As if they couldn't breathe without each other. (Y/N) gulped bitterly and stepped into the classroom.

   "I heard they officially started dating," Mina gossiped to the other girls, "he asked her to the dance that's next week!". (Y/N) sent glares their way only to be ignored. her head felt foggy.

   it's as if now all of the room became filled with darkness and it was only her and her desk left. everyone else's voice disappeared and it was her left with her thoughts. she wanted to cry. even though she has been trying to convince herself she is over him, she needed more time. or maybe it was the fact that she didn't know if she could trust anyone again.

   Her hands rubbed against her face and pulled the skin, making it red. someone was calling her name but she couldn't hear it. the thoughts in her head were blocking any external voices.

   she didn't realize until the blonde-haired boy shook her body, "want me to rip that bastard apart?".

   "kacchan don't-" midoriya began before (Y/N) cut him off,
"I just want to forget he exists,". she choked on her last words as a gulp formed in her throat. tears wanted to spill like she knocked over a glass cut. her heart felt like with any shove in the hallway or yell she would break down.

   getting over a boyfriend is hard, but seeing him everyday with the girl he already moved on with? that seems more difficult.

   "i just want to go away,".