The Game of Temptation ~6~

Start from the beginning

 He was definitely friend-zoned though, and I think he hated that he didn't mind having a friend who was a girl. Especially since I helped him get girls by talking big about him sometimes.

 "Whatever. What are you watching?" I asked, yawning.

 "Some show. I don't know, it's on. Tired?" When I nodded, he said, "You can take a nap if you want. I'll try not to molest you too much while you sleep."

 I rolled my eyes. "Weren't Ty and Care supposed to be here already?"

 Ren pulled out his phone, and laughed. "Yeah, but she just text me and said they apparently ran into each other at some huge store sale. They'll pick up some food on the way back. Usual stuff. They'll be a while."

 I yawned again. "Maybe I'll just go home and sleep then." I went to get up, but Ren pulled me back.

 "Seriously, you can sleep here until they come back. I don't mind," he said.

 I frowned. "Won't that be weird?"

 "Why would it be? You're just taking a nap."

 I bit my lip so I wouldn't let yet another yawn slip by. "I guess I am pretty tired..." I let my head fall against Ren's shoulder. Considering how muscular he looked, it was only slightly uncomfortable.

 So I took his pillow and put it on his shoulder for extra padding.

 "Comfy?" Ren asked, sarcastically.

 "Yep," I muttered, letting my eyes drift close.

 Just as I reached that midway stage, I heard my phone go off. With a groan, I sat back up.

 "Why don't you just ignore it?" Ren asked, quietly.

 "It might be my mom. We established that I have to call her at least once a week, and we have to notify the other if we're going to be busy at our usual time," I tried explaining, trying to pull my phone out of my pocket without moving too much.

 "Got it."

 I wasn't really paying attention to Ren, as I'd finally managed to pull my phone out, and Alex had finally responded.

 I opened the message, and almost threw my phone across the room. I'd just asked what's up?, and he'd replied, Busy, babe. Sorry.

 Because it took five hours to say that apparently.

 I closed out of the text and dropped my phone onto the bed. It was the safer option.

 "What's wrong?" Ren asked, making me jump. I'd forgotten, briefly, where I was.

 "Nothing," I lied. I really didn't want to talk about this. I wanted to blow up on Alex if he ever called.

 "Yeah, there is. Tell me."

 I glared at him. "Look, I want to keep this inside. So shut up."

 He raised both hands in a mock surrender. "Alright, fine. Have it your way."

 He turned back to the show, and I bit my lip angrily. Damn I hated reverse psychology.

 "Fine! I'll tell you!" I groaned. I better learn how to counteract that shit in psych classes.

 "Good. What's going on?" Ren muted the TV, and turned to face me.

 I sighed. "This is probably the easiest way to explain it." I grabbed my phone, going back to Alex's messages. "Read from the top, then scroll down," I told him. I was showing him my texts versus Alex's in the past month.