Chapter Fifteen

Shawn's scream filled the entire room, echoing around.

"Shawn!" Juliet shrieked as Rollins continued to use the knife.

It pierced the skin on his chest, causing blood to soak his clothes in a matter of seconds. All he could think about was the cool metal that was making its way through him, seeming to twist and turn as it did so.

The knife was plunged deep into his shoulder, between where he'd been shot and where he'd been stabbed before. He couldn't stop the screams of pain as extremely deep cut were made in his body.

Rollins pulled the knife back and then stabbed him again, making sure that the wound was even larger and more painful.

He then proceeded to trace it lightly across Shawn's chest. They were shallower cuts, but there was still a lot of blood running down his front. His breathing was ragged, and he couldn't think about anything but the pain.

He groaned, to which Rollins responded by plunging the knife deeply for a third time. Shawn screamed out as it tore through his skin. He couldn't even imagine what his family and friends were thinking as they watched, but he couldn't hold in the sounds for them.

He heard a yell from the computer's speakers, but couldn't even turn his head to see who it was.

He eventually passed out from exhaustion and pain, submitting to the darkness.

Henry watched in horror as his son was tortured in front of his own eyes.

How had he not seen it? Rollins had no reason to leave Shawn for them to find without trying to get something out of it. His son hadn't come over at all since his kidnapping, he should have realized that he was hiding something.

And an arrest? He knew his son wasn't a criminal, there was no way. But he didn't even consider the fact that Shawn was being forced to steal.

Even with that, he never expected the torture. Shawn's screams filled the station, and Henry could see the blood running down his body. His clothes were completely red, and Rollins made sure they could see the bloody knife as it tore his son's skin.

Henry yelled out in anger, and both Lassiter and Gus had to hold him back from the screen so he didn't break it.

They all watched as Shawn passed out, the chains still tugging on his arms. Rollins came closer and grinned maniacally.

"This is what he gets for messing up!" Rollins said to the camera. "He could have been such a good criminal, but maybe the cop blood in him made him pull back. And this is his punishment. I don't believe you'll be seeing him alive again."

The room emptied, and Shawn was alone. Henry could barely listen as everyone in the station started discussing where he could be.

"He said 'wind chimes'," Henry spoke up. They all turned their attention to him. "We know that that wasn't Rhoda's, but it must be connected somehow."

Everybody stood, deep in thought, when Lassiter's concentrated face turned into one of realization.

"It was Rhoda's!" Lassiter exclaimed. "Not the gas station, but the car dealership we sent Shawn undercover to was owned by the same person."

"Good catch, Head Detective," The Chief nodded in approval. "I want all units dispatched to Rhoda's Car Dealership, we have one of our own in severe danger. I want him in one piece, got it?"

Everyone in the station began to prepare for the twenty minute drive to where Shawn was being held hostage, making sure to keep their access to the camera on iPads in the cars.

Shawn groaned as he opened his eyes. Rollins was the only one still in the room with him, the others must have been in the front. He shuddered as the man was examining a bloody knife.

"Oh, good, you're awake," Rollins sneered. "Now, we're having to move much more quickly than planned because of your little clue. So here's the grand finale."

He pulled out Longmore's gun and Shawn's eyes widened. He struggled with the chains, but soon gave up as his wounds burned even more.

He came closer and cocked the gun, placing it to his hostage's temple.

"Please, no," Shawn whimpered in fear. "Please don't!"

Rollins just grinned.

They watched the screen as they were speeding to the dealership. Lassiter was driving, with Juliet in the passenger's seat and Vick, Henry, and Gus in the back. Shawn had woken up.

Juliet looked on with worry as Shawn woke up. She sighed sympathetically, he shouldn't have to see his own blood and the knife he was tortured with.

Her breath hitched when Rollins pulled out a gun, a .45 auto. She knew that it was the same gun he had been shot with before. That would only add to his torture.

"So here's the grand finale."

They all looked at each other worriedly when they heard what the man had said. Grand finale meant that he was getting ready to finish it up with something big. Juliet had no doubt that it meant Shawn would be killed. The guy wasn't just a robber, after all; with some digging, they had found out that he had escaped prison because of a life sentence for first degree murder. Rollins was definitely willful, and he had definitely planned this out.

"Drive faster, will you?" Henry barked from the back seat. Juliet saw her partner's knuckles turn white as he gripped the wheel.

"I'm going as fast as I can," Lassiter replied curtly. "Move, damn it! Do they not know what a police light and sirens mean?"

"Let's just focus on getting to Mr. Spencer with the best possible uniforms and preparations," Chief Vick ordered, subduing the emotional connection that was clealy interfering with their ability to work efficiently.

Juliet sighed, her hand on her gun. She was ready to jump out at the first indication that they were there. Even with everything that had happened, including Shawn saying he loved her and calling her Abigail, then her having to arrest him and not believing him, she couldn't let him die. Not just because it was her job, but because Shawn meant too much to her. Not to mention the fact that she would have to help Gus get through it, and she wasn't sure what would happen to him if anything happened to his best friend.

She saw the land getting familiar from the undercover operation a couple days ago, the trees and occasional buildings stuck in her memory. They were only a few minutes away from the dealership.

They were so close, and Juliet almost smiled when she thought that Shawn was going to be okay. When she checked the screen, Rollins hadn't made his move yet. They had to get there on time, he was too distracted with mentally torturing Shawn to kill him right away.

And, right as they were pulling around the last block, a shot rang out. From both the building in front of them and the screen.