chapter one hundred and nineteen

Start from the beginning

Sneaking his hands under the table, he tapped on the rune, 'What the hell are you talking about?' he asked 

'I am a gift to this world,' was the only reply he received, which only left him more confused than before 

The boy was simply staring ahead, not sure how to process the news. Destroying a Horcrux was no easy task, and unless Nephera had somehow managed to learn Parseltongue, which, if he was honest, did not sound impossible at all, there was no obvious way they could do it. 

Still, if Nephera said she had a solution, then a solution there was, and honestly, the boy was excited to get back on top of things. It had been too silent for too long, and he was itching to be able to finally make a difference. 

That was the whole reason for him switching sides anyways, be able to provide the brunette with inside information so she could work on killing the bastard. Destroying the Horcrux may not be exactly that, but it did assure that he couldn't come back if he did die. 

Well, that is, if they managed to locate and kill the others. The location of Helga Hufflepuff's cup was still unknown to them, and if his guess was right, then Riddle had also made Slytherin's locket into a Horcrux or at least was in the process of doing so. As far as they knew, after tonight, it would be one down, two to go. 

Not bad for a group of schoolkids, though the youngest of the Black brothers.

The entire day passed in a blur the Slytherin being too excited to pay attention to anything else other than what would be happening that night. Remus had informed James and Sirius as well, and the three boys were mildly concerned by the evil expression the girl had on her face all day long. 

All three of them knew from experience that such an expression on Nephera's face meant that something big was about to happen, and they hoped that said big thing was something good, and not the opposite, "Nephie," asked James tentatively during dinner, "Are you sure you're all right? I mean, don't you want to sit and think about what we'll be doing tonight for a second? There's no need to rush it," 

"Salazar, Jay, keep talking like that and someone might think we're shagging," she mused, grabbing the bowl of pomegranate seeds and placing some on her plate 

The boy shuddered at the thought, while Remus decided to take point, "What he means is that you're not usually like this," tried the werewolf, "So uh, rash?" 

"I'm not being rash, Moony," replied the girl, "I'm just happy that we're finally getting somewhere with this entire business," 

"What business?" asked Peter, having just moved away from his conversation with Alice 

The other four shared a look, knowing that they couldn't say anything. It's not that they didn't trust Peter, he was their best friend for Merlin's sake, but Regulus had expressively told them that he didn't want the mousy boy involved. And in this case, it was Regulus's life on the line, no one else's, "Furniture for the house," said Nephera nonchalantly, "I was thinking of buying a lamp, and the others don't think it goes with the rest of the house," 

"Oh," said Peter, not quite believing them but not wanting to push, "Well, what does it look like?" 

"Tiger print," replied Sirius, "Horrendous, isn't it?" 

"Godric, Neph," blanched Peter, "You've always had a good style, what on earth are you thinking?" 

The girl rolled her eyes, "I suppose you're right," she said 

Once more, the four teens who actually knew what was going on exchanged a glance, not liking the fact that they were lying to their friend. However, the fate of the wizarding world was hanging in the balance, quite literally, and if keeping some things from Peter was what they had to do, well, it was a small sacrifice compared to the bigger picture.