The Song

"Wow... I'm sorry, I... I can't believe I passed out twice in one night. I guess it's just been such a... large number of events that has happened." I croaked as I pulled the scratchy blanket off of my body and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I glared down at my shoes on the rotten floorboards then into Jason's only visible eye. "I love you, sweetheart. I'm so glad you're alive." I expressed.

My shaky body pulled itself off the bed and in front of Jason who was still sitting on the edge of it. I set a hand on his broad shoulder gently as he stared into my eyes longingly.

"I just wish I knew. I wish I knew you were here all these years alone. Your mother and I would've come and gotten you in a heartbeat, my love." I stroked the burlap sack that shrouded his deformity.

I slipped over back to the creaky bed and sat next to him. It was Jason's turn to slink his hand over. He touched my hair then traveled down to my cheek slowly. His blue eye searched my face and features as if he was reminiscing on a time when him and I were much younger—much happier.

When life was in pink.

"I don't understand," I began. "Why did you try to kill me before? Who did you think I was?" I asked quietly.

Jason's hand retracted back to his side. He didn't answer or anything, just stared like he couldn't believe I was in front of him. I blushed and gazed upon the grubby hardwood floors again.

"I'm guessing you know about your mother..." I uttered in the darkness of the cabin. Jason bowed his head like I had just scolded him "I'm so sorry, my love." I whispered, my hand meeting his back to rub it affectionately. My arm soon snaked around his shoulders and before I knew it, the massive man laid his head against me. "Shh, shh. It's okay." I cooed.

Of course, I didn't actually need to shush him. It just came out by habit. Jason cuddled into my side as I stroked his shoulder.

"I know, love. I know. She was so proud of you, you know that? So proud, and so am I." I leaned against his masked head.

This man was so unstable and I couldn't believe I had picked up my inner nanny where I had left off. I comforted this killer like how I did when he was eleven. Jason moved up off my shoulder to look at me as if he wanted something. I tilted my head and stared at him in confusion. I stood from the bed and he jolted up menacingly to follow.

"You know, I should probably head back. It's very late and I should get some more sleep. How about I come back tomorrow?" I told him.

Jason seemed to tense up at the mention of me leaving. He also seemed to glare into my soul.

"I... I don't live in Crystal Lake anymore, Jason. I moved after... your funeral. I'm staying at the motel." I explained. Jason's big hand wrapped around my bruised wrist and gripped it until I felt it beginning to snap. "Ow! Jason, stop!" I clawed at his flannel sleeve. Jason loosened his grip but didn't let go. "I'm sorry. I'll come back, I promise. Just please—let go." I panicked.

Who was I kidding with being all gooey with this killer?

Jason had grown up in the woods and trained himself to be a hunter. All of that seemed to break down for just one last moment and go back to when he was eleven. Jason's big burly form engulfed me in a touch starved hug that showed me how lonely he truely was. He was insane; a murderer. He had his mother's head followed by her rotting decapitator in his shack. I moved around this and wrapped my arms around the younger man anyway. Jason had a hard life without his mother and I.

"I promise you, I'll be back. I've spent so many years away from you. I'm not ready to do it again." I whispered against his chest that he had nuzzled me into.

I could hear Jason's shaky heavy breathing from under the burlap sack. He almost trembled in my arms.

"I know, I know." I cooed, stroking his back.

I sat under a large oak tree, the summer sun gleaming down on me through the thick branches. A masked Jason Voorhees laid on my lap, teddy bear in hand, as I played with the buckle on his overalls. I found ways to calm down this unstable man in a way he was like a big childish guard dog to me. The birds sang their songs above our heads and I thought about my own tune I used to sing to Jason—that he loved so much. His blue eye silently urged me to serenade him in my soft voice.

"Hold me close and hold me fast. This magic spell you cast, this is la vie en rose."

Jason's hand raised up to graze gently against my cheek.