Averman

Averman and I are sitting at a table in Charlie's mom's diner on a date. He asked me out yesterday and I happily agreed.
"Yeah, Mister pro stopper isn't such a ladies man after all." Averman laughs. Were talking about Luis continuously getting rejected by Mindy.
"Yeah, I don't even know why he likes her though she's such a priss." I say. We both laugh And continue eating our fries.
"I'm really glad you agreed to this date." He says smiling at me
"I am too." I smile back. We both blush and look away from each other.
Just then someone walks in the diner. I look over and see my mom  walking up to our table.
"Mom?" I say as she approaches us.
"Hey sweetheart, hi Lester. Look, I'm sorry for ruining your date but there's something I need to tell the both of you." She says giving us a sad smile. I get kind of scared thinking of all the horrible things it could be.
"Well what is it?" I ask.
"It's about Hans he..." She trails off and sighs.
"He what?" I ask turning my body to her.
"He passed away last night." She says.
Out of all the horrible things I was thinking of, this was definitely not one of them.
"What?" I say standing up.
"I'm so sorry honey." My mom says trying to hug me But I lightly push her arms away.
I look over at Averman who's already looking at me with a sad look on his face. I can see the tears starting to form in his eyes.
"No, no it- it cant be true I- I talked to him last night I-" I stopped and stared at my mom for a moment. Could what does saying really be true?
"I'm so sorry, I just thought I should tell you both at the same time." My mom says looking from me to Averman.
"I'm sorry, I have to go." I say to Averman before running out of the diner. I have no idea where I'm going but I had to get out of there.
I end up going to an old tree in the woods behind my backyard. I climb up it and sit crying my eyes out.
Hans is gone, and I didn't even get to say goodbye. He was one of the only people who actually cared about me and listened to me. Now he's gone.
After a little while I hear someone walking closer and closer. Just then a sad looking Averman comes into view. He looks up at me with a sad smile.
"Can I join you?" He calls up to me.
"Of course."
He climbs up to the branch I'm on and  sits next to me.
"I can't believe he's gone." Averman says quietly after a minute of silence.
"I know, I miss him." I say, a tear falling down my face.
Averman wraps his arms around my torso and rests his head on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and rest my head on his.
"Promise you'll never leave me." He says looking up at me.
"I promise." I say before kissing the top of his head.