11. hey you little piss baby

Grim fawned over the variety of dishes being served in the cafeteria.

"Fluffy omelets, grilled chicken, bacon and egg tart!"

He was very passionate about his food.

Ace sideeyed Grim.

"Jeez, don't yell. How are you suddenly so lively?"

Grim turned to Yuu, eyes sparkling.

"You! Get me the grilled chicken! There's only one left! Ah, and the omelet! And the bread and jam! I want them all!"

They went to the cafeteria line and got their food. Yuu was pleasantly surprised that for once, school food looked like actual food. They balanced plates on their arms as the two walked back to their table.

"Grim, are you sure you can eat all thi- watch where you're going!"

Grim bumped into a student, causing some of his food to fall off his plate and splatter on the ground.

"AGH! You bastard!"

The student looked down at Grim, eyes blazing.

"You bumped into me! Now my pasta's soft boiled egg is on the floor!"

The student's friend looked over.

"Oh man- The soft boiled egg's the best part of carbonara. How're you gonna pay for that, huh, punk?"

The student slammed his hand on their table and leaned over. "Guess I'll make do with that grilled chicken you got there."

Grim pushed the dish out of the student's reach.

"Hell no! Get your own!"

"Is that how you speak to your upperclassmen? How rude!!"

Of course my lovely lunch gets interrupted...

Yuu put their fork down and looked at the commotion happening.

"Really?? Right in front of my salad?? We'll pay you back later, alright? Stop harassing my student. You still have the rest of your food right?"

The student snorted. "Since when were you a prefect? Aren't you just a puny first year? Acting so high and mighty around your seniors, you've got some guts."

"Flattering my intestines will get you nowhere, pee paw."

The two students pulled out their magic pens.

"Excuse me, using magic for personal gain is against the rules..." Deuce said, trying to cool down the tension.

"Personal gain? This is a lesson from your seniors, you punks!"

"Grit your teeth!"

"Ugggghhhh, just piss off...." Yuu groaned, not wanting to deal with any rowdy students today.

Ok Yuu, you're a smooth talker. You can gaslight gatekeep girlboss your way out of this.

"Hey now, we shouldn't fight over spilled egg. I have spare change on me. Can't I just get you guys something from the vending machine. If you're lucky maybe I'll take you out to dinne-"

A scalding ball of magic flew past them. The warmness on their ears lingered. Or maybe that was the anger.

"OKAY THEN, ASS WHOOPING IT IS!"

Ace and Deuce begrudgingly got up to defend Yuu and Grim from doing something dumb again.

__________________________________

"Huff..huff, you're better than I thought."

"We'll let you off since the pasta's getting cold."

"Excuses, excuses." Yuu tsked as they watched the troublemakers scramble off into the crowd.