2. bro...i dont think this is a dream anymore

Yuu looked around. This was a gorgeous library. Tall shelves towered over them, filled with books of different colors. Green lamps were on the walls, giving off a soft glow. Wait, was there a whole second floor?

"Woah, this is dark academia paradise. Wish I had something like this in my house."

They didn't have time to admire the library for long, as a familiar voice was heard behind them. Once again, they heard the woosh of flames.

"Did you really think you could get away from my nose? Dumb human!"

U h o h.

Yuu backed away from the raging flames and its source, hands up.

"Okay okay, I don't know what your deal is, and i know we got off the wrong foot, but how about we settle this like reasonable folk?"

"I'm not gonna talk it out with ya!"

"Now now, who said we were gonna talk?"

Grim paused and stared blankly at the human.

"Wha?"

Eyes still on Grim, Yuu reached over and pulled a relatively heavy textbook from the closest shelf.

"I'm not going down without a fight hoe."

Yuu held the book like a weapon, getting into a fighting position.

"Come at me you little shit."

Now, Yuu knew they probably didn't stand a chance, Grim may be small, but he was pretty fast, not to mention he had fucking fire magic. So, was this a bad idea? Absolutely. Did they care? No. If they were gonna die, they at least wanted to die trying.

"Ho ho, are you approaching me?"

"Well I can't obliterate you without getting closer, now can I?"

"Stupid, you're gonna be burnt to a crisp anyway! Just hand over the clothes an-"

*WHAPOW*

"GYAGGH! WHAT'S WITH THIS ROPE?"

With the crack of a whip, a long rope coiled around Grim, constricting and stopping his movements.

A whip?? Jesus, what kind of place is this?

A voice spoke from behind the fire rat.

"This is no mere rope. This is a lash of love!"

"What in the Fifty Shades of Gray..." Yuu muttered.

With that questionable line, the mysterious person revealed themselves.

great googly moogly who the fuck is that-

This person was, to say the least, extravagant. They had some sort of black masquerade mask, and glowing yellow eyes that stared into Yuu's very soul. A long blue cape, adorned with black feathers and made to look like bird wings, cascaded down their back, and a tall hat to match. They also had gloves with golden claws and a belt with a bunch of small mirrors attached. Yuu couldn't decide if the stranger looked cool or gaudy.

The newcomer looked over at Yuu.

"Ah, found you at last. Are you one of the new students? You shouldn't do things like that, leaving the Gate on your own! Not only that, but you have yet to tame your familiar, who has broken a number of school rules."

Yuu's expression turned into one of confusion.

Ah, so this is a school...I'm guessing this person is a teacher of some sort. And who the hell are they calling my familiar? Didn't this mf corner me in a library and try to steal my clothes?

Grim's strangled yells were heard as he struggled to get free.

"Let me go, I'm not their freakin' familiar!!"

The stranger waved their hand dismissively at Grim. Seems like they're used to things like this.

"Sure, sure. The rebellious ones always say things like that. Just quiet down will you?"

Bird man wrapped the whip around Grim's mouth, silencing him.

"Mffgh!"

"My goodness. It's unprecedented for a new student to leave the Gate on their own."

Well how was I supposed to know that?? I'm so confused.

"Ughh, how impatient can you be?"

I was literally gonna get grilled like a steak🧍🧍

"The ceremony is already well under way. Let's head to the Hall of Mirrors."

"Uhm...I woke up in a coffin to get here. Is that normal? Should I be worried?"

"Those coffins are doors, which is why there are multiple in the Gate, that room you woke up in. Students who wish to attend this academy must pass through one of those in order to arrive here. Normally, the students don't awaken until the door is opened with a special key, but..."

"Oh yeah, SOmEoNe's fire burned off the lid,"

Yuu looked accusingly at Grim, who glared back.

"So it seems the main culprit was your familiar. Well, if you're the one that brought him here, you must take responsibility for him. Ah, this isn't the time to talk. If we don't hurry we'll miss the opening ceremony. Come, come, let's make haste."

"Um ok...who are you?"

The teacher looked at Yuu, puzzled.

"Oh, are you not fully awake yet? Perhaps your memory is distorted from magical transportation. Very well, that happens quite often, I will explain as we go. I am very kind, after all."

Areyousureaboutthat-

As the two and Grim walked to the Hall of Mirrors, the teacher finally gave some context to the situation. The stranger's name was Dire Crowley, and he was the headmaster of Night Raven College, the supposed school that Yuu was in.

"Night Raven College is a place where magicians with talent come together. It is Twisted Wonderland's most prestigious magicians' training academy."

"Magicians...."

Yuu furrowed their brows. They're not a magician. They were just some broke student from (insert country) with a part time retail job. What was this man on about? They were no Harry Potter, they were more like Ron's rat...

"The only people who can enroll here are those with the exceptional qualities of a magician. Those chosen come from all over the world through those doors. I believe a black carriage with a 'door' picked you up as well."

Grim's angry cries were heard once again, now muffled.

"Mppghh! Mrrrgh!"

"Now then, let's get going to the ceremony." Crowley hummed, ignoring the little ball of rage beside him.

Yuu was starting to question whether or not this was really a dream.