SANO MANJIRO X READER

Start from the beginning

Hanagaki Takemitchi.

Takemitchi looks courageous as he feels a bit nervous while facing one of the White Phoenix's masked members. He is waiting for the masked man to throw a punch but instead, the masked man (who is Shinichiro) gently pats his shoulder, making Takemitchi's eyes widened. Shinichiro didn't hurt Takemitchi at all as he started punching other guys.

Baji was punching people when a hard punch went over his direction. He blocks it and realizes that the one who did it is none other than his friend, Draken. He is facing Draken and he doesn't want to fight him at all.

"Who are you, you damn masked persons?" Draken asked before punching Baji but Baji just dodged him.

"Don't let these people hurt you." Baji replied as he punched the Leepon Fang member trying to attack Draken from behind.

Draken's look at the masked man in confusion but Baji just turn his back at him and fight others instead, making Draken confused with what the fuck is going on.

In Izana's perspective, people are afraid to go near him since he literally knocks down everyone without giving a sweat. The only thing that Izana is conscious about is his mask. He wants to protect it at all costs since you are the one who gave it to him. For Izana, you are someone he respects so much. Because of you, he was able to find his light back through the help of Hiro, Emma, and Baji. He sees a family on you. You also promised him that you will protect Kakucho at all cost. Izana, then, starts doing his best to protect you and help you in your ideal to save everyone as his way to repent for his sins.

You are looking at Senju who is glaring at you while chasing her breath and Leon who looks really messed up. They are both kneeling in front of you while you are just standing there calmly.

"I will never be able to be like you, am I right?" Senju asked as she spit some blood.

You remained calm but then, you slowly knelt down to label her. Your hand reaches for her cheeks as you gently touch it.

"You don't need to be like me, Senju, you can become the best version of yourself— even greater than what you perceive I am."

A hint of emotion glittered on Senju's eyes but she didn't say anything.

"You are a really strong person and I am proud of you because of that." You continued, "Being a person like me will mess you up internally. You wouldn't like it. You are great in your own way more than you could ever imagine."

A small smile plastered on Senju's face.

You remember your younger years in the past before you die in the future. You are full of fire and courage to serve your country. You did extreme physical trainings and tactical combats, and then one day— you just die. All of your hard work faded in an instant. That's how messed up your life is. Thankfully, through going back to the past, at least you'll be able to save lives.

You stand up and sigh when you realize that it is already the time for his arrival. Senju puts on her cold facade as she stands up as well, together with Leon.

Shinichiro, Baji, and Izana went beside you as the door of the arena opened. You see Mikey standing there with his lifeless cold eyes and behind him stands Kakucho, the Haitani Twins, and his other supporters.

He looked bored as his eyes went towards the hundreds of bodies on the floor. He walk down towards the center of the arena, towards your gang's location as he look at you coldly.

"The Phoenixes finally show themselves." Sanzu muttered behind Mikey.

Mikey stayed silent. You might not say it, but you can feel Shinichiro, Baji, and Izana longing to see Mikey despite them knowing this version of him.

His eyes met yours and despite the mask covering your face, you can feel Mikey's gaze penetrating inside you. Your heart beats in anticipation as you see him. You can feel a weird feeling of longing again for Mikey because of an unknown reason.

For a second, you can't see anything and anyone except Mikey. You badly want to step closer and hug him tight to feel his warmth.

Sano Manjiro can make your heart beat erratically. He's the only person who can make your system malfunction.

"I hate this feeling of familiar presence." Mikey whispered while still staring coldly on you, "Have I met you before?"

>>>