Chapter 10

Jack's POV

Ella hasn't answered her phone at all this week and I'm a little worried. Jared comes to football practice and acts like nothing has happened. He's taking this a little too far.

I had to make sure that she was okay. I just had to. So I decided to drive over to her house. It took me a while to get there because I got something for her that I hope she likes.

When I arrive at her house I see three cars there. I know for a fact that one of them is Ella's. My legs move quickly up to the front door to knock on it.

"Hello Jack." Her mother greats me.
"Hi Mrs. Dillion. I was wondering if I could talk to Ella." I say waiting.
"I would love if you could. But she isn't talk-" She gets cut off by a loud crash upstairs. "Oh no. Ella!" She says and runs towards the stairs. My mind takes over me and makes me run after her mother.

Ella's bedroom door was closed and no light coming from it. Her mother pushes the door open to see Ella crying and throwing a picture frame on the floor.

Her mom stands there in shocks and Jared comes up behind us. She looked so broken so done with everything. I quickly push my way into her room and make it over to her. I had to wrestle the picture frame from her hands. When I finally got it out of her grip I embraced her in a hug.

"I can't do it Jack. I just can't." She keeps repeating as I hold her.
"It's going to be okay." I whisper to her. She was broken. Broken beyond repair.

"Are you okay?" I ask her as she sits on her bed with her knees to her chest. She doesn't answer, she just stares off into space. I finish cleaning up the glass and pour it into a trash can. "Ella I know how you feel. It's not-"
"No you don't understand." She says emotionless.
"People get criticized everyday." I tell her.
"It's not that! Jack my younger brother hates me, my dad hates me, my mom is scared for me, and my older brother is..."
"Is what?" I ask her.
"Is dead." She said quietly.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I say sitting right in front of her.
"I-i am too. He killed himself because of me. I just make things worse. I have no one now." She says and tears make their way down her cheeks.
"Hey it's okay. It's not because of you. It's everything else. You don't make everything worse. For me you make everything better. And you do have someone. You'll always have me." I say as I wipe the tears from her cheeks. She looks up at me.
"T-thank you." She says and hugs me.
"Anytime." I say quietly and embrace her. She hugs me for a few more seconds and pulls away. I look at her and see a beautiful girl, who is broken. She didn't deserve to be like this. Before I knew what was happening my lips were about to be attached to hers. She was perfect. I couldn't explain it more.

"I'm sorry." I say as I pull away.
"No it's fine." She says looking at her hands. We sit in silence for a few minutes before I speak.
"Let's go do something. You need to get out of the house for a while." I suggest. She looks up.
"Okay." She says quietly. I smile and she gets up to go to her bathroom.

First she showers. Then does her hair. Of course she forgets her clothes so she comes out in a towel to grab her clothes then goes back into the bathroom.

It takes her only a few minutes to get dressed in light blue jean sorts with a flowery print tank top and puts a long caramel cardigan over it. She looked good. Her shoes were white vans which I thought was cool.
"Ready?" I ask her. She nods as she grabs her phone.

When we arrive downtown we stop at the depot and decide to walk around. Ella kept texting someone and it annoyed me a little bit, but when she started texting them she seemed a little happier.
"Who are you texting?" I ask her.
"My best friend." She says quietly and puts her phone away. Okay that's better. At least it's not like her boyfriend or anything.

"Hey let's eat here." I tell her as I pull her into a nice restaurant. They had seats inside and outside. But everyone here knew me so I had a special table for me every time I came here.
"Hey Jack." Amelia says.
"Hey. I'm gonna get my table." I tell her and she nods.
"Ok Lance will be right up." I nod and lead Ella up some stairs.
"Where are we going?" I ask her.
"You'll see." I lead her to a little table higher up on a deck. You could see the whole depot from up here. It was beautiful.

"Wow." She says looking out at the view.
"I know right." I say and sit down in one of the seats. Ella sits down next to me. I liked that. Most girls would sit down in front of me. I don't know why but I just hate it when they do that.

"Wait so you two have really been friends that long?" She asks me.
"Correction. Best friends. But yea." I say taking a sip of my drink. She smiles.
"That's really cool." I nod.
"How long have you and your best friend been...well best friends?"
"Almost three years. We met through my brother." She says and her smile fades.
"I'm sorry I brought it up." I tell her.
"It's fine you didn't know." She says and sits there quietly.

"So what do you want to be when you get older?" I ask her.
"I'm not sure. I'll just go where I want and see where it takes me." She says. I nod. "What about you?" She asks in return.
"I want to make people laugh, smile, make the world a better place." She smiles.
"Well you have done that already." She tells me.
"Really? How?" I quiz.
"In Jared's life. And mine." She says looking up at me. I smile and grab her hand. "Where are we going?" She asks me.
"Anywhere." I say and drag her out of the restaurant.

Before we got anywhere near my car it started raining.
"AH! Jack it's pouring!" She yells. I smile and look at her. She looked stunning with the rain drops bouncing off of her skin. We were half way across the crosswalk with 20 seconds left when I grab her by her waist and put my lips to hers. It looked like something you would see in a movie, but it felt like a fantasy. And if that's what a fantasy felt like then I must be Prince Charming and Ella must be my Cinderella.

____________________

A/N

A little play on words at the end of the chapter. I hope you got it. And no I did not plan on that happening it just came to me. Most of this is just improv. It comes to me while I'm writing. I don't plan what's gonna happen in like 22494 chapters from now.

Vote!

Read All I Wanted if you haven't already!