Chapter 17

I quickly throw on my outfit which was a pair of black high waisted shorts, a white tank top and a red flannel over it. Today was the day that the Jacks and I leave. I was excited yet sad that I had to leave. I didn't want to leave my mom, but she insisted that I go. My things were already packed and waiting by the front door. The last thing I had to do was pack my backpack. I grab the tyedye vans backpack from my closet and put my things in it.

Laptop? Check. Headphones? Check. Chargers? Check. Lastly was money. I grab $200 from my hiding spot and I take my card with me. My mom told me if I ever needed money just text her.

"Ella! It's 7!" My mom shouts up to me. I quickly pack the rest of my things and run downstairs to meet her.
"Hey mom." I say as I find her in the kitchen.
"Hey sweetheart. Did you get some sleep?" Shes asks and I shrug. I couldn't really sleep.
"I was excited and nervous." I say to her.
"Why nervous?"
"Jack said some of his friends are on this tour and that I will be meeting more of them along the way. What if they don't like me?" I ask looking at my hands.
"Oh honey there will be people who like and don't like you in life. But if Jack likes you then that's all that matters. If he is the person who I think he is then he'll stay with you because he likes you, and he doesn't care if his friends don't like you." She says to me. I nod and smile.
"Thanks mom." I say smiling and hugging her.

The doorbell rings after a few minutes.
"I've got it." My mom says. I nod and continue eating my breakfast sandwich. While I was putting my plate away I felt something push up against me. I turn around and find Jack standing there.
"Good morning love." He says kissing me.
"Good morning." I say smiling. He kisses me once more but longer.
"Alright you two time to go. You don't wanna be late." My mom says laughing a little bit. I smile at her.
"I'll see you in a few months." I say giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Alright. I love you." She says.
"I love you too." I say giving her one last tight squeeze before Jack and I head to the airport.

"Flight 418 to Los Angeles, California is now boarding." The lady says over the intercom. Jack and I walk up.
"I'm so excited." He says as we sit in our seats. I took the window and he took the middle. "I also can't wait for you to meet my friends." He says smiling.
"Me neither. I'm so excited." I say quietly looking out the window.

"Longest plane ride of my life." Jack says as we get off the plane. I shrug. "Are you okay?" He asks as he takes my hand intertwining our fingers.
"Yea. Just tired." I say to him. Yet I was lying. I'm just scared to meet his friends. I don't know how they'll think of me. I just don't want them to hate me.
"Okay. When we get to the bus I'll get you right to sleep." He says as we go out to the van. When we get in I see Johnson with two boys I don't know.
"Hey Johnson." I say smiling. He waves and does his handshake with Jack as he gets in behind me.
"Who's that?" One of the boys asks Johnson.
"That's Ella. Jack's girl." He responds. The boy nods and looks over at me.
"Hi I'm Kenny." He says.
"Kenny Holland?" I ask. He nods. "Jack had mentioned you before. And you must be Jake Foushee." I say smiling. He nods. I look at them both then at Jack.
"You still tired?" He asks. I nod.
"Okay well we have to drive to the meeting place then we will get on the bus. So just hang on for a few more minutes." He says as the van begins to move.

"That took forever." Johnson says stepping out of the van. I nod agreeing stumbling a little and Kenny steadies me by grabbing my waist.
"Are you okay?" He asks me.
"Not really." I say and Jack gets out after us.
"Here I'll carry you." Jack says and I get on his back.
"Thanks." I whisper in his ear.
"Anything for you." He says as he carries me toward the bus.

"Hey Jack!" A young man greets as we step on the bus.
"Hey Derek." He says shaking his hand. "Oh this is Ella." Jack says setting me down and balancing me.
"Hi it's a pleasure to meet you." I say to him. He nods.
"Yea whatever." He says and walks off the bus.
"What's up with him?" I ask Jack.
"He doesn't exactly like you." He says as he puts our things in a bunk. He chose the very last one on the bottom. It was a little wider than most. "We don't have enough bunks so you'll have to share with me." Jack explains. I nod and sit on the bunk.

"Alright guys so tonight we're just going to eat and hang out. The rest of the guys will get here tomorrow." Derek the manager says. We nod and continue to hang out.

"What if they don't like me?" I ask Jack while we sit in our bunk waiting to decide where we eat.
"Don't worry they will and I don't give a fuck on what they think because I love you and that's all that matters." He says and kisses me.

He continues to kiss me until someone shouts his name. It was Derek.
"What did I tell you about her?" He asks Jack. Then Jack clenches his teeth. I grab his hand to calm him down.
"Nothing is wrong. Now what were you saying?" He asks Derek.
"We're going to dinner in 10 minutes." Jack nods and grabs my waist to pull me to him.
"Or I could just dine in tonight." He whispers to me and kisses my neck.
"You're so gross!" I laugh and pull him over to my lips.

"For real you're not going to eat?" Johnson asks me. I nod.
"I don't feel well. Haven't been for a while." I tell him. He nods and hands me my drink as it gets passed down to me.

"Okay so the first event is in two days and it's here in LA. After about three days were going to go down to Sacramento and do another event. We're just going to travel around on the bus and have concerts." Derek explains. JJ nods and turns to me.
"You should try and perform." He suggests.
"Um no I shouldn't."
"Um yea you should." He says mocking my tone.
"What would I do?" I ask him.
"You could sing. I've heard you and you're not bad." He says taking a sip of his soda.
"No. I don't like people to hear me. It's kinda something I'm not proud of."
"Okay. Then do some of your cool gymnastic things or some cool soccer moves." I think for a second on what Johnson said to me. I could do some cool things.
"Maybe. I could probably mix soccer moves and gymnastics into one thing." I say taking a sup of my Fanta. He smiles.
"Good. I know you'll go great." He says smiling. I nod and let out a loud burp.
"Sorry." I say looking at Johnson who is cracking up. The other boys are laughing too. Except for Derek. He just shakes his head and continues to talk to Jack who is at the end of the table. Why is he sitting down there? Does he not want be seen with me? Is he afraid to let people know we're dating? For the rest of the night I sit and think of what is going on.

What did I get myself into?