Act I - A Lurking Darkness

[Author's Notes]

I should also comment on the fact there are some longer paragraphs near the ending of this fanfiction. I remember crafting this chapter a few days ago, leaving it for the archives and then re-reading it and being proud of my work. In the future, I may lengthen my paragraphs but we'll see. It's just one of those things to look out for when you're growing as a writer!

I hope the time I've spent away isn't too agonising and you can all forgive me for needing a break. Yet again, I thank you for your patience and support and I will now cease my rambling and let you guys get stuck into chapter 14 of Bounty Hunter.

Without further ado, Naidvar proudly presents to you...

A Lurking Darkness...

6 AM - An Abandoned Hotel - Blacksmiths Valley...

"You will be mine, dumpling!" Po exclaimed in his sleep, furiously kicking his foot forward before snoring violently in between Lynqi and Tigress.

"Does he always do this?" Tigress grumpily asked as she rubbed her eyes, Lynqi just smiled whilst her eyes remained poised at Po's cuteness.

"Haha, you think you've captured me, Wuzhi..?" Po's dream mumbling caught the attention of both felines as they looked on with curiosity. "Allow me to introduce you to the noodles of doom!" Po did a kip-up whilst sleeping, shocking the felines as their gasps of surprise echoed throughout the room; waking Po in the process.

"Oh hey, Tigress and Lynqi! - Wait, why am I standing?" Po greeted the two felines before looking down in confusion. "Was I dreaming again?"

"Yes, it was cute!" Lynqi sharply responded, Tigress lowly growled in response.

"I agree, it was cute... But you could've hurt yourself, come lie down again!" Tigress dragged Po down whilst grinning at Lynqi, who looked back with spite filling her face. "After all of that battling, you must ache, right?" Tigress proceeded to care for the panda, almost closing off Lynqi as she silently declared victory. The black lynx alongside her amethyst eyes huffed as she went to change into a new outfit.

"I admit, I hurt a little bit but we should probably pack up and get home, right? We don't want to leave your father waiting, nor do we want to have your friends worry!" Po's charm almost melted Tigress, even if the panda was completely oblivious to how heart-warming his own behaviour was.

Po proceeded to walk into a separate changing room, closely followed by Tigress before she split off into her own room. Whilst getting changed into some new attire, Po slipped open the window of this abandoned hotel which happened to be neatly mounted on the mountainside. The snow-capped mountains combined with the elegant yet chilling winds they carried offered a surreal experience for Po as he further gazed out of the window, catching sight of the exhausted villagers before slipping on the final part of his robe and turning to the exit of this grand room.

Po couldn't believe this place was abandoned, instead of the silence being deafening and unsettling, he felt as if this specific building was welcoming him into a new life and experience. The Dragon Warrior had accepted that ever since Master Oogway declared him as such and that he would serve the valley as well as the innocent officially, he would most likely spend a lot of his time on the road. Thankfully, Jade Palace diplomats and messengers were ace at fulfilling promises and objectives, so he didn't have a need to worry about his father and him struggling... He only wished to hold his father in his arms once again, hopefully, he would be able to do that as soon as they trekked home instead of sitting around in these mountains.