The sad truth of Alcohol

It's a sad truth but the festivities in colleges is a breeding ground for students to have their first drinks...to have "quality time  with their friends" which they ownself admit won't meet up a few years from now and whenever meet up "will have quality time drinking". I am deeply saddened by how one has to depend on a chemical substance to feel like one has quality time rather heart to heart talk with his/her friends ( which makes me question if one needs an inhibiting substance to lose the fear of judgement when maybe it's the lack of comfort zone from friends to open up, is it the substance or strengthening of friendships that's needed?), to feel like they "belong" ( which makes me question what has exactly belonging become...if family who sticks through thick and thin isn't where one feels belonging but somewhere when you only "conform" to others' norms!), to feel freedom from pressing life issues/ problems ( whoa real brainer! Alcohol equals to more money waste, time waste, emotional numbness, family fights yet it is the way to escape to *even more problems*). One's greatest confidence that he/she won't turn addictive is really amusing taking into account the number of professionals (even being unprofessional: getting into accidents by rash drink n driving n even putting own colleagues' life at stake, physical ragging in the surge of "high") actually ending up having to rely on the daily use of the substance to go on.