About:- Posting in Medicine

The whole ward basically filled with 4 diseased patients
1. Chronic alcoholic who are suffering either withdrawal, CKD(chronic kidney disease), Acute or chronic   liver injury/ cirrhosis/ failure/ disease and even hepatic encephalopathy (which is basically the alcohol finally being able to have it's adverse effects on central nervous system). Saw a young man with small kids getting really bad (in health) for days and finally dying of alcohol. Saw the family being broken, losing support, wife getting widowed, kids getting orphaned and even after all this still seeing many more Chronic alcoholic patients cared by their wives who are getting punished for something they didn't have anything to take part in. What is more disheartening is....drinking becoming "a trend", becoming an "okay to do" "living worthy experience" and many more youths joining this group saying it's a "once in a while thing". Something that is addictive is addictive. Which part of it is hard to understand? Maybe I am an emotional fool and seeing a wife losing her husband, children losing their father is not of a big deal to you or maybe you excuse it all saying we r not addictive and not every drinker will end on deathbed, but then why don't we authorize a certain drug which may have been greatly effective and caused only 2 deaths? Simply because it can cause more deaths, and same is the case with alcohol!

2. Poisoning: I have already talked about the lack of mental awareness, lack of compassion and empathy previously but the number of cases goes again highlighting the importance and seriousness of the topic at hand.

3. Snake bite:- I have actually seen patients dying from snake bite. Had they taken treatment at the right time instead of relying on home remedies, had there been all the necessary equipments available at the primary health care, it would have been preventable.

4. Chest pain>Hypertension> MI(Myocardial Infarction)/ the famous "heart attack"
Negligence of health, hypertensives on irregular medications contributing to the number of cases.