10: Realizations And Sugar Rushes

Start from the beginning

Once at the new hotel they began unpacking.

Ryuzaki got all the boxes from the car to the hotel room whilst Y/n unpacked.

Once all that was done, she hooked up two computer in L's room and four in the main living room.

She powered all of them to ensure they were all working, sure enough it was. She took the time to set her room.

She was almost finished when she heard L call her name from the living room.

Y/n made her way to him and saw him holding a box of pizza, setting it on the coffee table.

As they ate, enjoying each other's company, she thought it would be a good time to bring up what she saw in Light's room.

Y/n cleared her throat and stood up, "I have to tell you something," she took his silence as a push to continue, "It might sound crazy but there's no way I can make this up, okay?"

"What is it?"

Y/n went on about the death note, the rules and the shinigami.

It was a lot to take in.

"I believe you but I do need to see this for myself. It certainly does explain how Light can kill without being there, it puts a lot in perspective now," he muttered, placing a thumb on his lip, "It still begs the question; how can the second Kira kill without a name?"

"Maybe we're missing something. There was a lot of talk about shinigami and stuff, what stands out or doesn't make sense."

"The eyes."

"What?"

"The second Kira said that Kira didn't have the eyes."

This got the two thinking, L scratched his knee as Y/n walked up and down.

Then she stopped, causing the detective to look at her

"L, What is the one thing that the second Kira can do that Kira can't?"

"Kill without needing a name."

"Well that's it. Shinigami can see a person's name whilst looking at their face so it they can kill whoever they want considering they're the Gods of death. What if this eyes allows a person to see their enemies name, whether if it's a sudden knowledge they receive once looking at them or they can see it when they look at a person is still unknown. It would explain why they have it and Kira doesn't."

"How did he get that? Is it a ritual they have to partake in or is it a deal?" L bite on his nail.

"I'd think a deal, if it was a ritual Kira would've done it. The deal takes something Kira doesn't want to give up."

"We have to look out for people that seems new in Light's life. Since we know they met already, they would need to keep in touch,"

Y/n sat on the coffee table and she looked at the man before her.

"Light's probably trying to figure out ways to get you in contact with the second Kira so they can see your name," she sighed, burying her head in her hands.

L leaned forward and pried her hands away so she could look at him, "Stop worrying."

"I can't help but worry."

"I'll figure something out, Y/n," He reassured. He hated seeing her so sad and stressed, "Would you like to watch a movie? You like those, don't you?"

"I guess." She rubbed her eyes, "But I don't want to if you're not into it."

He patted the place next too him.

Y/n immediately took the seat and leaned into the couch as she propped her foot on the coffee table.