11: They're The Yagami's, Apparently

"Hair." the detective mumbled, "Tape."

Everyone watched as L went through evidence that were in clear bags. The piece of tape had a fingerprint on it.

All they needed was a person to match it.

"Mr. Yagami, if I were to die in the next few days, assume your son is Kira."

The chief stood to his feet, ready to defend his son. Y/n rolled her eyes, already know what crap the chief was going to feed.

"What did you say Ryuzaki?!" he yelled

"If I were to die, your son may be Kira."

"I told you my son is not capable of such things! Isn't Y/n a suspect as well?"

Y/n's eyebrows shot up at the mention of her name.

"No she is not, she is a detective now." Y/n didn't even know this piece of information herself.

"Yeah." Aizawa scoffed, " but only in the Kira investigation, nothing more nothing less."

Y/n shot her eyes to Aizawa's direction, her gaze making him uneasy.

"There is where you are wrong Mr. Aizawa." Everyone including Y/n herself exchanged glances whilst L stayed crouched, his eyes not moving from the evidence before him, "Y/n will be accompanying me here on out on all cases. Isn't that right Y/n?"

All eyes turned to her, she cleared her throat and stood her ground, "That's right."

"So you got yourself a buddy buddy now?"

Y/n snapped, "Do you have anything good to say about anyone Aizawa? Jesus." It reminded her of her mother, always chatting shit.

Y/n wasn't going to take shit from anyone anymore

"L, we have to go now." Y/n grabbed her jacket from the hanger and waited for him to exit with her.

Once in the car L noticed her tension, "Aizawa really ticked you off, didn't he?"

She groaned and leaned her head back, "He never has anything good to fucking say."

"For what it's worth I am glad you are sticking up for yourself now,"

Y/n laughed softly, "You should thank yourself for that."

He tilted his head, placing his thumb on his lip, "How so?"

She looked at him, admiring the details of his face, "Well, you made me realize I'm more than just an idiot whose only purpose is to be treated like a person's punching bag."

L was happy he was able to help her, after all she had helped him a lot more than Y/n will realize.

"I am surprised you did not oppose to what I said earlier."

She knew he was talking about the detective's conversation that went down.

Y/n smiled warmly at him, "L, I'm glad you made me your accomplice because I wouldn't want to be doing anything else."

"Looks like we're here." she sighed, "Try not to die out there, yeah?" she joked playfully before getting out the car.

L and Y/n stood side by side in front of To-oh university.

The university Light Yagami attended.

Y/n followed the slouching man to a bench outside the school's area and sat beside him.

"You know for a genius you're an idiot." Y/n giggled

"I just don't understand why people shape trees. Their purpose is to provide oxygen, why do all of that?"