07. ᴘɪʟʟꜱ

That's when I heard loud police sirens approaching. Not long after, loud footsteps echoed through the silent living room, as several policemen entered the home.

I slowly turned my head to look at them, with an unfazed yet frightened face, not saying a single word. I was in a great state of shock. I couldn't fully decipher what was going on, due to the uproar of emotions occurring inside of me. My mind was all over the place. I couldn't think straight anymore.

"Detain her!" Was the last thing I heard, then everything went black.

07. ᴘɪʟʟꜱ

 - -

I woke up feeling more startled than ever, trembling even. I was heavily panting and my entire body was drenched in sweat. Still letting out shaky breaths, I got up to a sitting position and stayed that way for a good few minutes in attempt to calm myself down.

 When I managed to recollect myself, feeling more composed, I leaned forward, positioning my elbows on my knees as I held my head gently. 'What the hell happened...?' Inhaling and exhaling softly, I began to recall my vision.

 Coming back to my sense slowly from the sudden wake up, I began to realize that I finally had one of those long awaited dreams again. A small portion of my memory was clear to me now.

 Letting out a surprised scoff, a wave of thrill took over me. I finally know something about myself! Most importantly; 

"Saya..." I whispered. 

"That's my name!" I stood up abruptly, letting out a joyful laugh, messing up my morning hair even more. 

This was the most genuinely happy I felt in a long time. I started to raise my voice, desperately wanting somebody to hear me. I wanted people to know my name.