Chapter 7: MONSTER

Audio titled: MONSTER

Warning: Painfully bloody & gore.

Chapter
VII
Monster
(I'll Show You)

***

Fate decided to favour him once more, it seemed, because his victim walked into his clinic the evening after Jong Woo had departed with an overjoyed Kang family

It was almost closing time, but Ahn Hee Joong had the kind of aura that screamed 'I go grocery shopping for the week two minutes before the store closes'.

Moon Jo recognised the type from his retail days.

"Hello, Mr. Ahn. Are you here to make an appointment?" He said, perfectly polite and sounding completely unbothered at all, and he didn't have to fake it.

Moon Jo timing was perfect.

"M'afraid not, Doctor. I actually came here to ask if you happened to see my... nephew." He said the word in distaste.

Moon Jo cocked his head slightly, feigning confusion. "Your nephew, sir?"

"Yes. His name is Yoon Jong Woo. I've heard the pest has been bothering you, and I apologise for that."

"Ah, yes. That boy..." Moon Jo had to force himself to grimace. He imagined he was grimacing at Ahn Hee Joong instead. "I have not seen him, no. Does anyone know you are looking for him? It might make a dent on your impeccable reputation, Mr. Ahn. Only God knows what kind of trouble he has gotten himself into."

"Oh god no! He might be sitting in a cell, and the neighbours and my wife might think I am condoning that kind of behaviour! No, I will wait for the police call," Ahn Hee Joong said, and then leaned in with worry. "You won't tell I was asking, will you, Doctor? You're the trustworthy type, an upstanding man."

Moon Jo nodded, feigning understanding. "Oh, sir. Before you leave? I would like to have a word about him with you, if you would not mind. Somewhere else, perhaps the office. You see, he has been troublesome around my clinic..."

"Of course, Doctor. Someone has to put him in his place, I'm telling you," the monster of a man agreed, following him.

Hook, line and sinker, Moon Jo thought with a feral grin, his back turned on him.

***

"Ah, Doctor. Thank you for letting me lay down a bit. I'm getting a bit too old for that boy's misdeeds."

"Oh, it is no trouble at all," Moon Jo hummed, pacing around the office.

He didn't need to fake his troubled look, because this was so far from his usual modus operandi that it made him feel a bit uncomfortable.

The man was larger than he was, and he was paying close attention to him. It would have to be a precision hit, one to incapacitate him.

But where? He did not want to kill him right away, the man would suffer.