Chapter 3: APPOINTMENT

Audio titled: CAROUSEL

Chapter
III
Appointment
(Curb Your Jealousy)

***

It was a Thursday

It was a Thursday.

Han Go Eun had taken a liking to Jong Woo, even if she had been surprised at first to see him around without an appointment in sight.

Moon Jo couldn't help the possessiveness surging in his chest, but he curbed it.

He understood Jong Woo was a precious jewel, one he could not keep to himself like a zealous dragon.

The world deserved to see his kindness, his wit, his smile.

But his smiles were tight-lipped around Go Eun.

Jong Woo didn't trust her like he did Moon Jo, not yet.

Moon Jo shouldn't have felt relieved, but he did.

"Hello, Doctor Han. Do you have an appointment today?" Jong Woo asked politely, leaning against the wall near the water cooler.

"You are starting to sound like a secretary, Jong Woo. Moon Jo should hire you," she joked. "Yes, I do, in fact. Quite the rambunctious lot, and they come from a few towns over."

Moon Jo could see Jong Woo's eyes glittering with curiosity, but he didn't ask questions.

An hour later, though, the world tilted on its axis.

"Kang Seok Yun?!"

It was the first time Moon Jo had heard Jong Woo raising his voice. It wasn't in anger, however.

It was joy. Incredulity.

"...Yoon Jong Woo?"

The other teen looked equally surprised, but a bit apprehensive.

Odd.

Jong Woo didn't seem to notice, because he launched himself into the taller boy's arms, into a bone-crushing hug.

The teen, Kang Seok Yun—he had been one of Han Go Eun's patients before—seemed to snap out of his stupor and hugged Jong Woo back with just as much enthusiasm.

Curb your jealousy, Moon Jo. The world deserves to see your muse.

But this was a side of Jong Woo he had never seen before.

"Seok Yun! I never thought I'd meet you here! I swear his clinic is like magic, makes wishes come true—" Jong Woo laughed, and it was music, music... "You never told me you lived so close, you dunce! We could have met in person years ago!"

Seok Yun's face reddened, and Moon Jo knew why. He knew where the boy's family lived, and it was not a pleasant neighbourhood.

Seok Yun family was very low income, and it took them years to save up for each of their children's proper dental care.