Chapter 1: SMILE

Disclaimer: I own nothing of it—audio, characters & pictures, except the plot. I don't make money out of it.

Warning: A bit out of character. Oh! Almost forgot, there's gore and blood, a lot of it in fact. And original characters included.

Audio titled: SECRET

Chapter
I
Smile
(Show Me Your Teeth)

***

Never let it be said that Dr

Never let it be said that Dr. Seo Moon Jo was anything but a meticulous person.

His clinic was absolutely immaculate, his tools perfectly stored and organised, and his schedule planned to the last minute.

His reputation was flawless, as well.

Despite being a young, small town odontologist, he was known for giving the less fortunate dental check-ups, free of charge.

And he planned on giving discounts based on income in the near future.

Moon Jo's clinic may be private, but it was the only one in little town in Busan—some people could not afford to go elsewhere and benefit from the government, and he would readily welcome them.

He was the kind, attentive and charitable Dr. Seo Moon Jo, after all, and it would do wonders for his reputation.

He depended on his reputation, you see.

Even a man as meticulous as himself could make mistakes, and if he happened to make a small, tiny, human slip-up, only his reputation would cover for him.

Because Moon Jo, as a person, wasn't perfect.

There was something marring his soul, hidden from sight, sullying his psyche and making him act in unfortunately messy ways.

Sometimes...

Sometimes, he had these urges.

Like an artist when a muse would strike them with inspiration, or an athlete when they felt the need for their muscles to burn, the strain of exercise on their body.

Sometimes, when a patient laid down before him, utterly helpless in a bib as he loomed over them, and they bared their mouth for him and all he could see was filth, disgusting, repugnant, yellowing teeth and decay, the stench of rot hitting his nostrils...

He saw red.

And sometimes, his self-control wasn't enough.

Sometimes, he would see red staining their dental bib, dripping down the polished white floor in intricate patterns, staining his sterilised scalpel.

Drip...

drip..

drip.

It sounded like music to his ears.