Chapter Four

Mulai dari awal

and the bitches that bullied her, boyfriends stayed in her inbox.

Sadie wasn't giving it up though. The guys couldn't handle the rejection so they threw shots at her weight.

Many nights she cried after being stood up or talked about.

Sadie was my bitch though, a bad bitch at that. And I never let her forget it.

Together we spent time at the gym, watching tutorials, and going window shopping during the summer and on weekends. Sadie became her best version of herself. From then on nobody could knock her confidence.

The sun began to set after a while, it was going on at 6 o'clock in the evening. We were laughing loud about something she was telling me. " - I told her ass I don't give a damn if she came back to the hospital or not. Evie, I'm telling you! you would be surprised about how many racist people we get. Refusing treatment just because!"

A bang came from my front door. Interrupting our conversation. We sat up in the chair with a quickness. Waiting to see if it happens again.

Bang

Bang

Bang

"Sadie, I know yo ass is in there! " A man shouted angrily. He was so loud I could hear it echo all the way from in here. She began to shake beside me. Afraid of the person that was calling out to her. Me on the other hand was not. This nigga might be crazy, but he ain't stupid. "Look, I don't know anyone else in New York. Do you have someone we can call?" I whispered to her as the banging continued.

She shook her head no. From what I know Sadie didn't have any family even though she grew up here in a group home. She then looked at me wide-eyed." I have Chase's number."

"Call him. NOW" I said to her in a hushed tone as I got up from the couch. She looked nervous as she dialed his number. I don't blame her. If Treyvon did me the same way I would be scared of him as well. I was afraid too. Yet one of us has to be brave at this moment. " Chase, Hey it's me Sadie.. I need your help. " Whispering the same way she did to me over the phone yesterday.

I tuned her out as she talked to him. I stood there for a second thinking about where I hid the gun when we first moved in. I had never thought I would need it. It's been years since we moved here. "Behind the pictures," I said to myself. I began to move the small table in front of it. Carefully moving the decorations off the glass top to the floor.

"You stupid bitch! I'm not going anywhere until you bring your ass to this door!" The guy screamed. Knowing we stayed on the top floor with no one else. It was just him and us at this point. I prayed silently to my mom. For her to somehow give me the strength to get us through this shit.

"What's your address?" Sadie asked as I took the heavy frame down laying it somewhere random.

"965 Clover lane. The top floor." I said to her, cocking the gun. A bullet pooped from the top falling on the carpet. " Tell him to hurry. "

As she repeated the address into the phone. I tiptoed over to the door quietly. Jumping back as he banged on it again. This time harder than before. I turned back to my friend who was now off the phone in tears. "Go to my room and lock the door. " I instructed her. She didn't need to see this. If this takes a turn for the worst. I can't live with her seeing me lose my life.

" Ev- "

"GO! " I screamed not caring if I was heard.

She scrambled to leave me alone in the room. I heard my room door close.

" I'm gonna kill you when I get to you bitch!"

I took a deep breath and aimed the gun at the door. Placing my finger on the trigger. I took another deep breath. Trying my best not to shake the gun in my hand. When I calmed down I felt better. No longer paying attention to his threats. " I need you to leave! "I screamed at the man. Hoping he would walk away. I didn't want to do this. I didn't.

" Yo ass is just as fucking dead!-"

Pow

Pow

Pow

Before I knew it. I pulled the trigger three times. I could hear his body fall on the other side. I don't know where the hell I shot him at. But he was down for the count. I dropped the gun and ran to my room with Sadie. I pulled her into a hug as we fell on the floor and cried together. Me just imagining how she went through what she did. I don't know how much time had passed when we heard the door being kicked open.

"Sadie!" I could hear Chase scream through the apartment.

" We are in here!" I screamed back. Letting her go. As soon as he came rushing inside. Picking up her with ease. "Yall okay? Yall good? he asked, rubbing her hair while looking down at me.

I nodded my head. Not finding the words to speak.

"Come clean this up, Have the front desk come to repair this door within the next 24 hours. ''I heard Khalan say to whom I'm assuming his clean-up crew. Footsteps could be heard all over the place. As he instructed them. His voice got closer and closer to my room. When he walked in he saw Sadie being carried out by his friend.

"C'mon shorty. I got you." He said helping me up off the floor. "Grab you some clothes. You coming with me. " I started to protest but he gave me a look not wanting to argue with me. So I let it go and I began packing a small bag with my most important things inside. When I was finished. They all were waiting on me. Sade had her bags while holding Chase's hand. By now my gun was removed and so was the body. The only thing left of him was a bloodstain on the floor. I shook my head not being able to look at it. KT reached for my hand and pulled me out of the condo as everyone else followed behind.

- - - -

My boy Chase aka Caesar